Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

My Urine is cloudy and the color is light yellow but has a

My Urine is cloudy and the color is light yellow but has a strong order.
Hello and welcome Veronica,

There are various causes for cloudy urine;

1) a physiological or harmless cause; an excess of phosphate crystals in the urine from a large meal. This can be tested at home by taking a sample of the urine and drop in a few drops of white vinegar and the urine will clear immediately. This is not to be worried.

2) Infection; can also cause cloudy urine due to the pus. This can be from a urinary tract infection (kidney, bladder, urethra infection). A strong odor with a cloudy urine is further suggestive of infection.

3) Cloudiness; can come from protein (albumin) in the urine.

The only way to determine would be to consult with your doctor for a urine test. Following measures would be helpful;

1) Drinking plenty of fluids and water

2) Cranberry extract capsule

3) Avoiding alcohol drinks and caffeine drinks

You may need a course of antibiotics if the symptoms persist or aggravate.

Please read this resource;

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well, I just try the white vinegar and nothing happened. My urine stay light yellow and cloudy and has that smell this has been going on for about a month.

Hello Veronica,

That is a pointer that your symptoms are likely due to urinary tract infection. A urine test, urine culture and a course of antibiotic would be recommended.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will urinary tract infections cause your cycle to stop? My last cycle was July 10, 2012 and I know I am not preganent. Therefore, I thought it was a manopause ending.

Any significant infection in the body may affect the hormones. But this is not the sole possibility. There are many other causes of delayed periods;

1) Ovarian hormone dysfunctions
2) Thyroid hormone abnormalities
3) Stress, anxiety, emotional disorders
4) Sudden weight loss or gain
5) Excessive physical activity
6) Hyperprolactinemia

Read the resource under the heading secondary amenorrhea;

Menopause, by definition, begins 12 months after the final menstrual period. So strictly speaking this would be technically a premenopause. As a period can come. Usually premenopause consist or irregular period in duration, cycle and flow and can continue for 5 years or more. But some times there can be a sudden cessation of the periods.

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay, thank you for clearing that up I have a great deal of stress plus I need to lose weight. I weigh 190 pounds and I am only 5'3. I will make an appointment to get some antibotics. Thanks again Veronica

You are very welcome, Veronica.

Good luck.