Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hi Dr. Chip...well I had my doppler untra-sound and when the

Hi Dr. Chip...well I had my doppler untra-sound and when the doctor read the images she turned to me, smiled and said "Everything is fine. you can do anything you want. Enjoy yourself." Now, I know an angiogram would show heart artery conditions...but since I have no artherosclerosis in aorta and carotid, is it necessary for me to check this based on the echo and a positive ecg?

Sorry--the echo and a positive ECG?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I meant my ecg was alright...sorry...alright=positive in my mind...

Thought that's what you meant. Did you also have a stress test?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no...but i walk very fast and bouncy when i walk my 2,3 kms per pain.

OK--while a coronary angiogram would be the gold standard to look for coronary artery atherolsclerosis, there is no need for that kind of invasive procedure without it being warranted by ECG changes and/or a positive stress test. At the most I would do the stress test, which I'm sure you'd pass, and when you did pass it, dismiss you with a clean bill of health as regards XXXXX XXXXX arteries.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks doctor...think I will just proceed as I am doctor said I am ok for another 20, 25 years last week before echo. This just confirmed it...will continue with regimen which has virtually eliminated any pain associated with osteo-arthirits in left knee also. But, I may do stress test. Thanks again. Cheers.

michael reilley, MA, tefl

Any time, Michael and keep in touch.