Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

hey doc , well today we had a good day as afamily, but the

Customer Question

hey doc , well today we had a good day as afamily, but the problem was i didnt tell my family a felt loke crap. well first i notice and its not the first time, when i clean my floor on my knees and get up i start seeing black dots. then when in walk i start feeling skiped beats start to open my mouth like fish and satrt to deel dizzy what is this? i took my bp its 102/62 but the hr was at first 93 then 83 now i am sitting will check later .
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You opened you mouth like a fish?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry u know i think like fish out of the wather i am trying to yawn change position, open my mouth to get a good satisfying breath. also back hurts. also today very bad heartburn, and i actually feel heaviness where my diafram is

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--so what's different this time from all the times before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

feeling kinf of weak and kind of dizzy, being constantly aware of my pouding heart. i know i probably sound like a broken record

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Don't you understand that the contstant attempt at yawning and the fish out of water thing just increases your breathing rate and causes the dizziness and the chest tightness?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

but how i cannot ywan or cough or change positions if i have this feeling that i am out of breath.. and also did u see my pulse

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
The pulse is still fine--it ups with your anxiety and your feeling of being out of breath is also your anxiety and you need to practice slow breathing techniques when you don't feel out of breath so you can use them when you do feel that way. The old time way to deal with it was to breathe in and out of a small brown paper bag.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this cardiophobia is not a joke. i gues my fear is sudeen death from arithmia.and is it true , i read that if have no risk factors that stress test, ekg r useless because people will get anxious and it would show false positive

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Pardon my French, but were the hell did you read that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

haha good one. i read it in consumer report

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And what exactly did the article say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it said 4 tests u may not need . they were talking av=bout stress test, ekg, cst scan for headaches, and some test for bones. its said if u dont have symptoms u dont need them .

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What about the part about anxiety causing false positives?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that when people come to have ekg and stress test done they get very anxious and results r often false. so when i read it i got even more anxious, because i rely on all the tests.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's a bunch of bull--anxiety doesn't cause the kind of changes on an EKG or a stress test that would mean a false positive result for heart disease.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so u think tesults in gotwere truth.u see now my daughter has stomach ache, i already paing picks in my head ftrom poisining, and to gos knows what

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes-- those tests were all valid and correct and you don't have any heart problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok dear doc. what do i do when all of a sudden i get this feeling like i a cant breath,back hurts etc. becides meds

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Have you ever just sat down and forced yourself to breathe deeply and slowly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i do try , but usually when i have these breathing issues i am so concern with breathing that it doesnt work

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Doesn't work or you just can't do it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i toesntbwork for me

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It isn't supposed to work on the anxiety thoughts but it should relieve the swallowing problems and the dizziness and the chest tightness.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hey my favorite doctor. well i have a horrible headache again, this hedaches have kind of happening more often. we were envited to a get together i told my husband and my son to go i stayed with my daughter. also yesterday it started againg this pain on the very low side, when i would go to the bathroom i would feel this pulling down sensation, and then when i would get up i get this stabbing pain on a very low bottom. again the forst fear as my appendix the second is cancer. please talk to me get some sense in to me

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Stabbing pain on a very low bottom?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

in the pelvic area. omg while waiting for ur responce opened msn and it says micahel clarke dunken died at 54 he never fully recovered for heart attack in july. its just salt on my wound. i also hav ebeen eating real bad this 2 days .

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
People die from heart attacks every day and at every age--you're never going to get away from that. Let's stop about the eating thing--we've talked that to death. So tell me about this pain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well first u now scared me reall bad. about pain i think i told u , it feels when i walk it dull pain and it goes to my lower back, if i sit and get up its real bad.sex is painful. and on top of it headache and i feel nauceous

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Has sex been painful before? And I didn't try to scare you but if you ever look at any news outlet you're going to find information on someone who died of a heart attack.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes the pain during sex has been an issue for a long time, what scare sme when i see young people die not old ones

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, not your appendix for sure. And age 54 isn't what I'd call young
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so sorry was busy with kids. so what can it be. my head still hurts so farvtook took two tylenols during the day. and to me personally 54 is young my mom god forbid is 53

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So tell me exactly where the pain is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

r u talking about the head. well when i change positions or get up it starts pounding . when i am sitting or laying infeel heaviness, and pressure in the front. inhave cold cloth on my head now. and no its nothing new. its just very painfull, light is bothering me alot.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, you were asking about the pelvic pain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i think i wrote it to u above. i told u when i get up it hurts more if i sit its a dull pain and it goes to ,y lower back, and when i pee i feel pressure

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well that could just be a urinary tract infection or possibly a kidney stone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so what do i do. thats what i need on top of my other problems this and my damn head

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Just ride it out until tomorrow and see how it is then
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok what about my head can i take one more tylenol

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You can take two more if you'd like.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello doctor, how r u. well i have been doing some bartering at my daughters gym in child care, yesterday they brought seven month old baby i had to hold him for an hour he was crying my back was killing me i can actually pin point where it hurts, its upper back towards the left. and now i feelpain there, and again it very hard to breath, kind of winded

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's only a painful muscle back there--nothing more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

tell could muscle or disc cause my breathing problems, because this back pain is not new, i guess it was aggravated by me holding that child. i am sitting an constantly taking deep breathes

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Neither a back muscle or a disk problem would cause any shortness of breath
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i woulnt call sob its loke ineed to take a deep breath but cant

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And that's been a problem for a long time and I've told you that that is just your anxiety
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

also had more palps

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And, again, not all of what you think are palps are really palps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

doctor i am really scared , i have put on weight, very scared and depressed. i am allways out of breath. i dont exersise but want to . whenj i just start walking i huff and puff. i am afraid i will drop dead.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--but for now we need to close this page with a rating from you since I need to post another answer and we have to start anew with your starting a new question page.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice