On Call MD
On Call MD, MD
Experience:  US Board certified Physician
60998453

Ive been experiencing extreme fatigue lately. It used to be

I've been experiencing extreme fatigue lately. It used to be just once in a while but now is everyday wether I'm at work or at home doing nothing. I had my iron levels checked as a forts resort. My hemoglobin is anywhere from 10 to normal. My iron was 34, TIBC was 402 and my iron saturation was 8. I know my numbers are a little low for some test but is it really low enough to actually be feeling symptoms. I had implannon inserted hoping that not having periods would help. I haven't had a period in 5 months but still feel awful.
Category: Health
Expert:  On Call MD replied 4 years ago.
Hello
It is my pleasure to help you today
it seems that your anemia that you have is very mild and with few months of iron supplement it should go back up to normal and your body would be able to build up more red blood cells
if in 3 months it did not improve more work up including liver function,kidney function ,thyroid function test should be done

I Hope you get better soon

Any other questions let me know
if I was able to help you your (EXCELLENT) rating is very important to me so I would get compensated for my time and answer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That's what I figured was that it was mild. My pcp didn't address it, so I'm on my own with the iron supplement and afraid to over do it. I had a full work up with other labs drawn and everything seems fine. The only thing left that I can think of was possible adrenal fatigue our some vague sleep disorder. I was glad to rule out hypothyroid, but I'm nervous about getting stuck with some obscure diagnosis like chronic fatigue syndrome where there it's no scientific proof.
chronic fatigue syndrome is not that common and is done by exclusion,also there is n reason to think of other hidden causes as long as we have the CBC and it shows it is mildly low which goes well with your symptoms