Nurse72
Nurse72, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN 20 years in health care. Available to answer your health questions
62535071

I have pain behind and just below the inner part of my LEFT

I have pain behind and just below the inner part of my LEFT knee. It started 2 days ago, and there is no swelling. The pain starts only when sitting, I also have pain when initially standing up, but the pain improves after that and with walking. I recently traveled a long distance on a flight, and spend most week days sitting for long periods at a desk. Is it possible I have a DVT? (Not sure if this is relevant, but I have had ACL surgery on this knee three times, the last time being 11 years ago. I have also recently done a lot of walking in the mornings, and over weekends.)

Nurse72 :

is the area red or hot to the touch?

Nurse72 :

Does it hurt when you flex your foot back (pull your toes up and back)

Nurse72 :

Do you have any other health problems or take any medication?

Nurse72 :

Is it an ache type pain or a pulling type pain?

Customer:

the area is not red or hot to touch (any more than other parts of leg or the other leg)

It does hurt when I flex my foot, as long as my leg is extended.

I have asthma and use an inhaler.

An ache

Nurse72 :

It sounds less likely to be a DVT and more likely to be a tightening of the tendon due to prolonged sitting. Since I am unable to examine you it is still advisable that you have the area assessed by a health professional and possibly have an ultrasound of the area to be certain.

Nurse72 :

don't do anymore stretching exercises for now.

Customer:

How urgently should I do this? It is 1am where I am, and I don't know if I should go to an ER

Nurse72 :

continue the ibuprophen

Customer:

tomorrow is sunday, should I try to go to dr tomorrow?

Nurse72 :

no I don't believe it's urgent. You can wait until daylight and go to an urgent care clinic

Nurse72 :

Keep the leg in a straightened position. Don't massage it

Nurse72 :

walking is fine

Nurse72 :

don't apply heat or ice

Nurse72 :

I think it would be ok to wait until Monday. If you develop swelling, redness, hot skin of the area to the touch or severe pain than you should be seen right away

Customer:

ok thank you

Nurse72 :

You're welcome, I hope you feel better soon : )

Customer:

ok thanks