Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

Hi there Im a 22 yr old female Ive just been to the toilet.

Hi there I'm a 22 yr old female I've just been to the toilet. No bowel movement.(only go 1-2 times a week or so ) I'm a sufferer of piles I constantly have had them since the birth of my daughter 1 year ago, so I wipe and clean the area before bed. I noticed a cloudy white/yellow discharge coming out of my anus. Ive never had this before. What could it be

Thanks

S.R
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Anthony Bray MD :

Hello!

Anthony Bray MD :

The yellow /white discharge that you have noticed sounds that you probably have an irritation or area of infection of the rectum or near this section of the lower bowel.

Anthony Bray MD :

This may clear up on its own as the rectume is very vascular and has very good defense against infection and ability to heal....

Anthony Bray MD :

I would watch for further symptoms such as more of this mucus or pelvic/rectal pain.

Anthony Bray MD :

See your doctor if you have concerning symptoms.

Anthony Bray MD :

For the constipation I would recommend that you take a daily stool softener (options include colace, surfak, docusate or mineral oil) Drink plenty of fluids (most of us are in the bad habit of not drinking enough fluids through the day) Try to get in 8 to 12 ounces every 2 hours while awake. Also try to get in some daily exercise such as walking and this may help.

Anthony Bray MD :

Note that you are not just confusing the cream for hemorrhoids as being an abnormal discharge>> this would be another possibility....

Anthony Bray MD :

Let me know if you have further questions/information or discussion and I will be happy to get back with you!

Anthony Bray MD :

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback! Thank You and Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD :

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: Thank you. I will go to the doctors on Monday morning, I currently don't have the cream as I used it yesterday. I don't use the cream internally I only got told to use it externally. thank you
Anthony Bray MD :

You are very welcome! Take Care!

Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice