On Call MD
On Call MD, MD
Experience:  US Board certified Physician
60998453

I have been dealing with vertigo for 3 years, most likely due

I have been dealing with vertigo for 3 years, most likely due to either migraines, or inner ear issues, doctors are not 100% which. I have motion intolerance, and caffeine or alcohol seem to make it worse. Is cocculus indicus a safe alternative to use, rather than relying on dramimine or valium?
Hello
It is my pleasure to help you today
the use of cocculus indices for treatment of vertigo has failed to be an effective treatment for the dizziness symptoms that you have I would not advise you to switch to it .. I would suggest however talking to your Dr regarding increasing your dose of scoplamine patch as it usually gets better control this way

I Hope you get better soon

Any other questions let me know
if I was able to help you your (EXCELLENT) rating is very important to me so I would get compensated for my time and answer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your advice. My only worry with patch is it seems to make me feel icky at times, and I usually cannot tolerate wearing it for more than 1 1/2 days at a time.

the patch should be changed every 3 days I know it may have some side effects also it may make you feel thirsty this is just some of its side effects but I have seen very good results with it when 2 were worn behind the ears