Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I am 28 year old female. I suffered from myopia and had a laser

I am 28 year old female. I suffered from myopia and had a laser surgery to get it rectified around two years back.
I suffered from ear aches since my childhood and nearly 10 years back I had to under go left Mastoidectomy. However until recently I suffered from ear infections in the same ear so I consulted a doctor again. She suggested a revision surgery and that was done one month back. The doctor said I was having Cholestemea.
I am fully recovered now, the wounds are healed, no imbalance feeling. However when I drive the vehicle at night I get confused easily, even the roads are so familiar to me. I find the lights of the other vehicles so disturbing and I find it really difficult to drive. During day time I have no problems in driving.
It is much appreciated if you could advice me whether this is due to the eye and ear surgeries I had or what could be the reason, and what I could do to overcome this.
Thank you in advance.
Associated dizziness,nausea?
Blurred vision?
Since how long have you been suffering from such symptoms?
Alcohol and smoking?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No dizziness or nausea. Nothing wrong in vision at all. I noticed the symptoms around two weeks back (till then I did not drive much after the mastoid revision surgery).

Yes I am suffering from continuous headaches. I have been suffering from headaches for a long time (almost 20 years, since my childhood), I have not taken any medicines continuously for it.

I am a non smoker and non alchoholic.

Thanks for providing more information.

Well it may be possible to have some difficulty in driving after undergoing revision mastoid surgery and takes 2 -3 weeks for full recovery.

So your symptoms might be associated with it.

You should try again for driving alongwith your other family member.

If your symptoms'll persist then you need to be seen by your doctor again for clinical examination.

As you have history of headache so it can be associated with Migraine headache and such episode can be resulted with it.

Even if you have not recently undergone any Eye check-up so you would need a detailed eye exam by an ophthalmologist including the fundus exam ( includes examination of the back of the eye after dilating the pupils).

I hope this helps.

Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.