Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

If a person had cancer, would they most likely have a high

If a person had cancer, would they most likely have a high ESR and CRP Count, or would it most likely be normal
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

The ESR and CRP counts are mostly elevated in inflammatory processes, unexplained fevers, certain types of arthritis etc.

In cancers, the ESR and CRP may be mildly elevated but can even be high depending on the presence of associated inflammation.

Cancer in itself does not affect the ESR or CRP which are inflammatory markers.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please do not rate my answer if your question is not yet fully answered.You can simply ask further by using REPLY button and I will get back to you.

Please remember to rate me excellent service (or 4 or 3 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.We only receive credit for answering your question with a positive rating.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have normal esr and crp tests normal liver function test, High ferretin 574 with low saturation, 17% I have irratable bowel symptoms that come and go, diagnosed with fatty liver and borderline hepatemogly, what is most likely causing my ferretin levels, and low saturation?

This indicates that the irritable bowel syndrome has been inhibiting the iron absoprtion in the gut. That is why, your iron saturation is low but the ferritin level is high.

You should take supplements like vitamin C that helps iron absorption in the gut.

Moreover, you should also try to exclude diseases like celiac disease or malabsorption which tends to inhibit iron absorption.

I hope my answer has helped you.