Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

i have been treated for prostatitis during last five to six

Customer Question

i have been treated for prostatitis during last five to six days. i was feeling a little better but not all good. Then today i started to feel bad againg with the pain and burning symtoms.
what happen?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

If you are on antibiotics, you are likely to recover in a couple of days depending on the severity of the infection, dose of antibiotic.

Acute attacks respond faster and recovery is quicker but if you had repeated infections in the past, recovery takes a longer time , sometimes even months.

You can get a repeat urine culture done after your treatment is complete to make sure that the infection is cured.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please do not rate my answer if your question is not yet fully answered.You can simply ask further by using REPLY button and I will get back to you.

Please remember to rate me excellent service (or 4 or 3 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.We only receive credit for answering your question with a positive rating.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am on 500mg Cipro twice a day for the last five days. But my concern is this feeling good and then bad again. It is that normal? Also it kill me at work because i have a desk job. have to be siiting all day. So advice on that?

The "feeling bad"with pain and burning is not normal. You should get a routine urine followed by a culture tests done again.

Meanwhile, you should drink cranberry juice and plenty of water which helps to keep the infection under control.

I hope my answer has helped you.

I hope my answer has helped you.