DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Training in all aspects of health care, complementary and alternative medicine, prevention, health.
24257177

MY NIECE WHO IS 19 WAS SUBSRIBED SMZ TMP DS 1600 2 TIMES A

MY NIECE WHO IS 19 WAS SUBSRIBED SMZ TMP DS 1600 2 TIMES A DAY FOR A CYST
THAT WAS REMOVED ON THE TOP OF HER LEG. WITHIN 6 HOURS AFTER TAKING HER
FIRST PILL IT WAS APPARANT SHE WAS BECOMING MANIC SHE FIRST HAD A CRYING
SPELL THEN WAS FULL OF ENERGY , AS THE TIME PROGRESSED SHE SEEMED TO BE IN
A PSYCHOTIC STATE NOT TALKING RATIONAL. I HAVE READ MANY MEDICAL ARTICLES ON
THIS SIDE EFFECT BUT I CAN'T FIND A ANSWER ON WHAT THEY CAN DO TO BRING HER
BACK TO HER OLD SELF! WE WERE HOPING THAT IT WOULD WEAR OFF AFTER SHE NO
LONGER WAS TAKING THE PILLS. IT HAS BEEN NOW OVER A WEEK AND SHE IS STILL
IN THIS STATE! WE TOOK HER TO THE CLINIC AND EXPLAINED WHAT HAS HAPPENED
AND ASK THEM TO EXAMINER, THEY DID NOT DO ANYTHING! WHY DO THESE DOCTORS
AND PHARMACIST NOT AWARE OF THIS SIDE EFFECT? THEY DID NOT EVEN KNOW
THIS MEDICATION HAD THIS SIDE EFFECT? WE JUST WANT HER BACK THE WAY SHE
WAS BEFORE TAKING THE SMZ TMP DS! WHAT CAN THEY DO TO BRING HER OUT OF
THIS ? HOW DO WE GET THIS HELP SHE DOESN'T REALIZE THIS HER SELF!
Category: Health
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected. I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: I still need help.
MY NIECE IS STILL IN PSYCHOSIS AND WE FINALLY HAVE HER IN THE HOSPITAL. THEY ONLY GIVE HER A
ANTI PSYCOTIC IN A EMERGENCY CASE! SHE DOES SEEM TO COME OUT OF IT FOR A WHILE THEN, SHOULD THEY
NOT CONTINUE THE ANTI PSYCHOTIC EVERY DAY TO
GET HER TO COME OUT OF IT TOTALLY? THEY ARE
ONLY GIVING HER SERAQUAL 500MG. IT IS NOT WORKING. WE ARE GOING OM THREE WEEKS NOW!
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA

You don't seem to have an adequate diagnosis
What is the diagnosis from the psychiatrist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THEY HAVE NOT DETERMINED IT WAS BROUGHT ON BY THE

SMP TMZ DS MEDICATION. WHICH HAD TOOK US OVER A

MONTH TO GET HER HELP! THIS HAS BEEN A VERY LONG

TIME AT FIRST SHE WAS MANIAC AND WAS OPEN TO TAKING

MEDICATION TO REVERSE IT! THE HEALTH CLINIC AND THE

FIRST TIME WE DID GET HER IN THE HOS[PITAL THEY SENT HER

HOME WITH RISOADAHL WITH A APPOINTMENT 6 WEEKS OUT

ANF RELEASED HER 18 HOURS LATER WHEN SHE WAS STILL

PSYCHOTIC THEN THE MEDICATION MADE IT WORSE AND WE

COULD NOT GET A APPOINTMENT EARLIER NOR GET HER

BACK TO THE ER! IT WAS A NIGHTMARE! THE SIDE EFFECT FOR THE BACTRIM DS DOES SHOW THIS SIDE EFFECT BUT

IT IS IN RARE CASES. SHE IS ONE OF THOSE RARE CASES!

Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
OK
If that is the case then the reaction would wear off
How long has this been?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

IT HAS BEEN 2 MONTHS BUT ACCORDING TO THE FDA REPORT

THE EFFECTS COULD LAST UP T0 1-5 MONTHS FOR 100% POPULATION WITH

THIS SIDE EFFECT?

Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.
OK
I see
To answer your question they can treat her.
They do not have to leave her with symptoms
But seroquel can take several weeks to work fully.

Or they can choose another agent.

Let me know if you have further questions or additional concerns. Just use reply if you are not done.

Please rate one of the positive ratings: the only way we are compensated for time and expertise. If you are not done or satisfied, use reply to expert [not poor/negative]. Come back anytime. Bonuses are great…but your satisfaction is my goal.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas

DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience: Training in all aspects of health care, complementary and alternative medicine, prevention, health.