Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

A few weeks ago I went to the doctor to get wax removed from

A few weeks ago I went to the doctor to get wax removed from both my ears. After that was done, the left ear was fine, but the right still felt off. My hearing was slightly reduced, and it still felt like there was something in it. I went back, and they told be to take allergy medication (reactine) and see if that helped. It hasn't, and I'm sort of worried I may have a real problem now. Thing is, it changes throughout the day. As in, it seems to be worse in the morning and evening. So I'm wondering what could cause this. And should I be worried about losing my hearing?
Hello, Welcome to justanswer and thank you for your question.
This is Dr. Robert, I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I am going to assist you with your question.

Well, it is highly likely that wax was partially removed from your ears.
Hearing problem with ear indicates that possible left over wax has blocked the tube that's why you lost hearing.
Also it is possible that you may have-
middle ear infection/inflammation. This area is where the very fragile hearing bones are located. You may need oral antibiotics in addition to possible ear drops.

You need to undergo Otoscopy (Examination of ear) by ENT doctor.
I would recommend that you should not delay and see your doctor for evaluation and get it managed.

All the Best!!
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with EXCELLENT SERVICE.
Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback.
Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When I went back, they checked and said there was no more wax.

Jaden, I understand your issue. It is possible that you may have
middle ear infection/inflammation. It is possible that you had damage to the very small bones (ossicles) that are right behind the eardrum.
Other possibility is Hole in the eardrum or Scar on the eardrum.

You need to get these tests done-
-Audiometry (it is a hearing test used to check the type and amount of hearing loss)
-Tympanometry

A clinical examination and tests should be done for diagnosis. Please make an appointment with other ENT doctor and get it managed.

All the Best!!
Thank you