Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Rough week

Hi again. Rough week. I had a stress test that was normal after i went to er for chest pains, they also did troponins and did them yesterday too (because i asked my dr to)- went to primary today and her ekg showes qrs precordial something with t wave changes. Consider acute changes. Took it to my old cardio who said it was normal and they put the leads too low, did another ekg that showe normal sinus rhythm. Also went to another cardio office just to have them look at it and they said it was ok.

I feel like going to the er again, and ive been three days this week. I am just so scared. Oh and my neck feels tight an indigestion. Hope you remember me...
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
How could I forget?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So talk to me--how'd you feel about two cardiologists clearing your heart?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh and my regular doc said maybe your qts are long and cardio says no. I am scared. Scared because still have pain and maybe they are dismissing things bc of my anxiety.. Could that first ekg reading really be because of lead placement? And it truely was abn would it have def shown up in the next one? I am scared. And i think i irritated you because 'how could you forget?':(
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, I meant that more as in I'd never forget you--more of a warm fuzzy but sorry it didn't come out that way. So you had one EKG that showed normal sinus rhythm and nothing at all abnormal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The one at pmd showed qrs precordial something with t wave abnormality and the one at cardio was NSR. Still so freaaaakes out:(((( Dont want them to dismiss me bc of anxiety, but the fear the something is wrong with my heart/ going to just drop gets worse every day:(( i just want to go back to er and i wa there last night:( (i dont go to my hospital). Thanks for the warm fuzzies, i feel the same way, but i feel like my head is spinning after the last couple of weeks. And then my pmd says your qt do look a little long and i aske why no one ever said anything and she said 'your anxiety probably' and my cardios say qt is fine:((
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
But stick with me for a sec--you just had an EKG that your cardiologist read as absolutely normal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am with you, which was a few hrs after the qrs t wave ekg at doctors office. Why would that show up on ekg? Why am i still having chest and arm pain? Could i still have something going on? I am so sad and scared
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No--very important point here--the one that the cardiologist did--that one he told you was perfectly normal and didn't show the abnormalities reported on the others?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. He said the other one could be from the leads being placed low. Is that true? My husbands mom died of cardiac arrest a couple of years ago and we did cpr on her (husband and i), and it seems like she had some of these symptoms:( i just asked my huband if it seemed similar and he got so mad at me he spit.:((
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

It's always hard to have someone you love go through something like this and not be able to do anything to help so try not to blame him too much. The point I was trying to get at was the changes seen on the other EKG wouln't go away if they really meant there was a problem with the heart--if you had a normal EKG then it was lead placement and nothing more than that that showed the abnormal tracing in the other one. And you can actually place the leads in such an inappropriate way that the EKG could even look like the patient was having a heart attack then and there. A normal EKG can't be "faked." If you have one normal EKG then there's nothing wrong with your heart.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
:( even if i am having pain? I feel like because i compared what happened with her and i- it is going to jinx me and something is going to happen. I feel bad:((( so - you dont think i should worry about thr pain/heart attack/cardiac arrest??
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And have you ever had an EKG while you were having the pain?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think so... Not sure...I am just so scared and i feel like i jinxed myself:(((((
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Take a deep breath--we'll get you though this for now. From all you've told me there's no evidence you have any heart problem, let alone an condition that would lead to a dangerous arrhythmia and cardiac arrest. Not all chest pain is cardiac.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So scared:((( i get dizzy so easily:((, and i am scared abt the chest pain/ heart attack/cardiac arrest:((((
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You dont think they could have missed something or that abnormal ekg was real??
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I just told you--you can't have an abnormal EKG with those findings one time and a normal one later--the other one was not valid. And dizziness and faintness is not a sign of a heart attack but definitely can be from anxiety.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just took .25 of klonopin. I felt kinda like i am going to pass out:((( you dont think its my heart??
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No--not at all--you need to relax a bit and concentrate on slow breathing--in thorough your nose and slowly out your mouth.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am just so scared and it seems to be getting worse:( you dont think its a sign that something is going to happen?? I know this sounds crazy, but my fear is 10/10
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I understand, and if you feel you need to go to the ER that's OK. But this kind of anxiety becomes a vicious circle--you worry, you breathe faster, the pH of your blood chages, you get dizzy and light headed, your chest gets tight, you think you're having chest pain and palpitations, oh my God this is the big one, you breathe faster and it all just gets worse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have gone to the er every day for the past 4 days. My anxiety is wayyy worse tonight. I am freaking out. You think i will be ok if i don gonto er - right??
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I'm sure you'll be OK. Promise you that. Take a warm bath if you can or put on some soothing music and turn the lights out. Let me know tomorrow how you are.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I am going to try and lie down. Thank you. I hope i will be ok. I will chat tomorrow...
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hang in there--I know you can
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now i am itching everywhere grrr. Anxiety can prob cause this, right?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It can--but a little benadryl would help--certainly not a cardiac symptom at all.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice