Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Dr chip!!! So my doctor ONCE again did not fill my prescription!!!

Customer Question

Dr chip!!! So my doctor ONCE again did not fill my prescription!!! I called them THREE times today!! And she promised it would be filled and VOILA it's not!!! I'm visiting home right now. So I called the after hours nurse and Sao try could not call it in cause it's a controlled substance.. Which makes nonsense as I've had it called it many times!! Do I have to go to the Er again?? I really don't want to!! Is that my only option?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Svea--which medication are we talking about here? And are you completely out?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lorezapam. Just took my last one around 6
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Why did you wait until the last minute to call for a refill?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I didn't realize I was out till this morning! And I called them at 8:30 am thinking I'd be ok!!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
How much do you take?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
3 .5 mg a day.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Do you have the presciption bottle and have you asked the pharmacist if he can give you a temporary few days supply?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have the prescription bottle. And you mean like go to the pharmacy? Will they do that?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Is it the same pharmacy you usually use?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've used it in the past. But I'm in Vermont not Virginia right now
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

And where's your doctor located?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Virginia
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And he was supposed to call it into a pharmacy in Vermont? He's done that before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yeah they've done it many times for me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--then there's a good chance the pharmacist will give you a temporary supply until the glitch about it's getting called in can be fixed. Otherwise, with your bottle in hand, an urgent care doctor would likely give you a small script that would tide you over until the problem gets resolved.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sp what do I say to the pharmicist?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Just tell him that you've had your doctor call in the script before and this time, although you called his office, he must not have gotten the message in time and he'll be calling it in in the next few days and that will cover what the pharmacist gives you now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So they wouldn't do it... An I called the hospital again and they still wouldn't send it in. My grandmother takes it so he gave me a few but I haven't had a dose since noon. And I'm saving the others she gave me for tmrw. I'm so terrified of having a seizure dr chip. I'm already feeling not good!! And feel like crying :/
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Who wouldn't do it--the pharmacist? And what do you mean you called the hospital?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pharmacist wouldn't give me a temporary supply. They said because its a controlled substance. And I called my doctors office after hours hoping a different on call doctor would call it in and they wouldn't. So I'm sitting here freaking out, crying terrified I'm gonna have a seizure. I seriously hate this drug.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
So you didn't try going to a walk in or urgent care facility with your bottle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. I was busy all day, An by the time I got home tonight the pharmacy was closed. I suppose I'll have to do it first thing tmrw :/
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Do that because I think they'll provide you with a small prescription to tide you over for a couple of days until you can work things out with your doctor--just tell them you only need about two or three day's worth.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Should I be okay till then? Like seizures and crap
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes--seizures, if they're going to occur--don't occur for several days after stopping the drug.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay. I'll update you tmrw. Looks I'll be at the ER Once again!! Joy :)
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You'll be fine Svea, but tell me what happens tomorrow.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Got a small script. Thank goodness!! But now I'm having this weird thing happening to me. I just had a piece of zucchini chocolate cake and my troat has this weird prickly sensation. Like pins and needles. I've had zucchini and chocolate plenty of times as well as walnuts (which were in it) I took Benadryl in case. Is this worrisome?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
How soon after the cake did the symptom start and to you still have it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Maybe 10 minutes and yes still having the throat symptoms
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And what exactly is the symptom?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Like a prickly sensation in my throat, it's hard to explain almost kinda like burning but no pain really. Just really prickly if that makes sense?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Maybe just a little reflux--not an allergic reaction and nothing serious.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
okay thank you! It's starting to feel a little better. Also my throat feels tight like Someone has thei hands around my throat. And Gould I be okay if I took Benadryl?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That sounds like anxiety and I think you'll be OK. And since it's not an allergic reaction, no problem with the benadryl but it really wasn't necessary.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey dr chip, having major anxiety again :( I read a post about clots on on anxiety zone on accident!! And now I'm afraid I have one in my lungs. Having some chest pain (not anything new) and leg pain (not anything new) I guess I just need reassurance!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
What did the post say?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Saying that try knew that had a clot cause everytime get stood up they woul black out
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
They were talking about a leg clot and a PE?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess they had clots in both lungs
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, that isn't the typical presentation of a PE. Does the anxiety zone blog usually help you with your anxiety?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sometimes. But not when I read things like that lol
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, of course, DVT and PE does happen to some people and if you look on the internet long enough, you're going to find discussions about them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know.. I'm just really anxious now :/
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Remind me--are you getting any therapy for your health anxiety?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Have you considered getting that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yeah i just need to find the time... husbands in the navy so its me and my little guy by ourselves most of the time..

so do you think i should not worry about a clot? or a pe?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, let me ask you--if you're told you have no risk factors and every time you've been checked for those you don't have them, why should you worry?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cause my brain is retarded
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No, don't put yourself down like that--this has nothing to do with intelligence. When I tell you you don't have DVT what does your brain say to you when you still worry about it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey dr chip. My subscription is having difficulties right now I tried to ask a question and it's giving me an error message, so in hoping u can help and I will accept as soon as it gets fixed!

Hey dr chip! It's Svea. So this morning I woke up with a very painful throat. It kids went away. But now I'm not sure if I'm having a panic attack or something else. My throat feels super tight painful and it's like having spasms. Along with pain in the center of my chest. The throats the worst its like I can't take a deep breath. And it's freaking me out!!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
A sore throat as in a regular sore throat or something different?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Like my throat is painful feeling. Very tight, and having spasms as well as I'm having a tight feeling in my head and just felt like I had a brain zap
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
All this is entirely new for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The throat spasms deff are!!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Spasms of the outside neck muscles or more like you're trying to swallow all the time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's in the inside, just feels really weird!! It's hard to explain not like I need to swallow just like its vibrating or moving... It's weird
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And you can eat and drink without a problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I haven't tried eating but drinking I'm fine.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Then it's just anxiety and nothing more serious than that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It just happened out of nowhere! Do you think the sensations in my head are anxiety a well??
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Tell me more about the head.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A lot of pressure feels like my brain is vibrating (lol) it is starting to get better. Only in the front and the pressure goes into my teeth it's a weird feeling!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Any tremor or shaking anywhere?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was shaking earlier like my body. The upper half
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
So how is everything right now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Better. My throat is still painful but no spasms. What did u mean by tremors? Is that worrisome?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Shaking of the head or arms
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My head felt shAkey. I don't remember if my arms did
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--still sounds like anxiety
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What would that mean?? CAuae i was pretty shakey and also had a bout of vertigo. Ed laying down, head got super pressured and bevy and it was like I was on a roller coaster
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, that's the first time you mentioned vertigo today--is this like other vertigo attacks you've had?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It happened really quickly. I was just laying down, and it happened and then it was gone. Sorry for the delayed response I took a nap
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
How are things right now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

better. Just kinda run down not feeling well. Worried im gonna have another attack like i did this morning. Ive been having attacks every day now, and i dont know why. Do you think they were just panic attacks?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Truth here--yes I do. Nothing you've told me about these makes me worry about anything else.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks!! What did u mean about the tremor? Is that something serious?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No, you just were talking about head tightness and brain zap so I just wanted to see if you were actually shaking as with a tremor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the throat thing is happening again :( I do smoke and it happens when I smoked :/ I don't want to go into full blown panic
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Anxiety symptoms come and go. Serious things don't give you come and go symptoms like that.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
also I just yawned, got really lightheaded, head pressure kinda felt like everything slowed down, an felt like I could pass out... WTF is going on with me :((
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Anxiety, pure and simple, and it's common for anxiety and yawning to go together.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks for all your help! Im feeling better today.. however i am having random sharp pains in the back of my calf.. Comes and goes, not swollen ect ect... should i worry?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Stop the worry--absolutely not a DVT and nothing to be bothered about
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My calf is still sore feeling! Still no worry?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Tell me about it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is sore feeling. Stiff feeling. Not swollen or anything. Just STILL sore!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
But not tender to squeeze?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's a little tender/ off and on all day
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No swelling and the muscle itself is soft?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No swelling the muscle is a bit stuff, and it does hurt AFTER I squeeze it. Not while I'm squeezing it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hurt to walk?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A little
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Still--just a little of a pulled muscle--not a DVT.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hey! I was just at a check up. Dr just felt my leg after I tol him it has been hurting :/ am I ok?

Also I'm waiting for justanswer to unlock my acct, as soon as they do I'll accept the answers! I appreciate your help :)
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
What did the doctor have to say?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing I just asked him to check it out he felt it and didn't say anything
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
He didn't talk about it at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nope. Felt it, squeezed it, checked my pulse
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, I'm sure if he felt you had a DVT he would have said so.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So am I okay? I wanna workout
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Go ahead--you'll be fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ey quick question! So I forgot my pills at home. But have .5 mg of klonopin, is it safe to take instead of Ativan?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that's fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey d chip. Quick question, my lorezapam is filled but the pharmacist said it can't be released until tmrw. I'm completely out. What do I do? I tried calling my doctor, but office is closed due to hurricane sandy. They said they would page him. Will this work? How cAn I get it today?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Why are you running short?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes I take an extra dose if my anxiety is bad
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then you need to take one less at other times to keep from running out. No way to get it today with what the pharmacist said, but one day without it won't do you any real harm like a seizure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will be 24 hours tonight. Will klonipin do the trick for me?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes--that would be an OK substitute
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will it give me any weird reactions
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No it shouldn't
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks dr chip. How should I take it? I take 5mg three times daily of the ativan.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Same timing for the klonopin.