Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

I am in a lot of discomfort with my stomach. It is not a bloating

I am in a lot of discomfort with my stomach. It is not a bloating feeling, but rather a swelling feeling. I have gained 15-20 lbs (fluctuating) within the last month. When I eat, it does not feel like my food is going anywhere and I tend to force myself to throw up to ease the discomfort. At times, my stomach hurts to push on it. Any ideas what this could be? I have been to my doctor as this has been going on for a few years, we have run tests and I have gone for barium tests as well. I went to the hospital last night and waited 7 hours to see a doctor when finally I asked why I kept getting bumped and was told by the nurse that my issue is not important, so I left. Is there anyone who can help?
Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Where exactly does it hurt on your abdomen? How severe is the pain in 1 to 10 scale? Do you have any other symptoms such as nausea, acid reflux, heartburn, constipation, dry skin, increase sleep time, tiredness? What kind of tests have been done so far?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The lower abdomen is where it hurts most. The pain on a scale of 1-10 is usually about 8 and some days more. I sporadically do have nausea, which I have been told by my physician is my vertigo acting up. I do not have acid reflux or any heartburn. I do often get constipated and have to take senokot to assist. I don't have dry skin, I am very tired lately, however, I do not sleep well. My typical sleep schedule is about 4 hrs a night on a good night otherwise 30 minutes here and there. I do have thyroid disease, hashimotos, and I am on synthroid for that. I do not know all of the tests as they have been mostly blood work, other than the barium swallow and a barium follow through.

Thank you for the information.
I am sorry to hear about your symptoms.
Is the pain localized to one area or all over lower abdomen? Any urinary or genital symptoms? Any relation with periods?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No there is no urinary or genital symptoms at all however, I find that it gets worse after my period for about a week or two. The pain is kind of all over. Most often lower, but right in the middle and a little higher up as well. Like right now, I can push on my stomach almost in the middle and it hurts.

It seems like you have been suffering from all these symptoms for a while. Based on your description, you seem to have pain in middle to lower abdomen which is not associated with any other symptoms. The only positive things is occasional nausea and tenderness. Considering the severity of pain 8/10, further investigation is must. This kind of pain in that location could be associated with gastrointestinal or urogenital system. It can be be just inflammation of intestine or infection. The important point is to pin point the cause of pain and source. In females large intestine, uterus, tube, or urinary bladder can be the source of pain in the case of infection, inflammation, or tumor. At this point, I think you need to go for blood test, ultrasound, urine/stool test to pin point the cause of pain so that it can be treated effectively. The best person to treat these kind of issues would be gastrointerologist.

Please let me know if you have any other question for me.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your advice, I just need to convince my doctor now that I need a specialist :-(. I appreciate all of your help.

Thank you again

You are welcome!
Thanks for visiting justanswer.