Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

I am 45,very active,(landscaper by trade),dont smoke,do drink

I am 45,very active,(landscaper by trade),don't smoke,do drink beer regularly,and eat pretty well. Am on no meds. I noticed a bloodshot mark in my left eye a few days ago that won't go away, and was feeling a little weak,so I took my blood pressure. 150/98, at 67 bpm. Should I be concerned?
Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

How often you check you BP? Did you drink alcohol?
Do you have any symptoms such as dizziness, nausea, headache, confusion?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is the first tome I've checked my pressure.my wife has a pressure machine. I drink 3 to 4 beers almost every night. Felt a little weak today, just figured it was because I didn't sleep well last night.
Thank you for the information.
I am sorry to hear about your symptoms.
Since you are drinking alcohol frequently, it might be a reason for high BP. However, single high reading is not significant to make any diagnosis. Thus, you need to monitor your BP for a while and calculate your average readings. If you BP remain persistently higher than normal, then you will have to start with life style changes, exercise, medication to control this problem. Lack sleep can certainly cause tiredness and weak feeling, so take a good rest. As far as high BP symptoms are concerned, most people don't have any symptoms at all unless their BP is very high. As far as red eye is concerned, it could be due to many reasons including infection, trauma, or systematic disease. Having high BP may cause subconjunctival hemorrhage,,, but not very common. In most cases, these bleeding get absorbed and subside gradually over time. The best option for you at this time is to monitor your BP for few hours.... if it is still high (above 139/89) and sick feeling continues, you must visit your doctor now. Otherwise, you may choose to see your doctor now instead of waiting for few hours.
Please let me know if you have any other question for me.
You can also read about the effect of alcohol on BP from this link:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/blood-pressure/AN00318

I hope these information are helpful to you.