Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK

I saw my doctor last week and was diagnosed with external hemerrohoid.

I saw my doctor last week and was diagnosed with external hemerrohoid. I was prescribed hydrocortisone suppositories. I took them for 6 days. The hemorrhoid did not seem to reduce in size , however yester it appears that the hemerrohoid has burst. I have a lot of bleeding of bright red blood and the hemerrohoid appears to has reduced in size. What can I do to stop the bleeding or heal the hemerrohoid ?
To heal piles you should do sitz bath with warm water.It should be done for 20 minutes after every bowel.Do not rub or wipe the anal area afterwards.Just pat it dry.Moreover,take more fiber in diet.Take Ispaghula Husk 2 spoons with glass of water twice a day.It will soften the stool hence there will be no damage to wall of haemorrhoid thus no bleeding.Use of ice on anal area will help further but not more than 3 to 4 minutes.Right now these are just home remedies which you can do.To treat them completely and forever you have to undergo minor surgery to get them removed.