Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS

My husband is experiencing horrible muscle spasms in his back

My husband is experiencing horrible muscle spasms in his back after a fall. The doctor prescribed flexeril 10mg and naprosyn 500 mg. he took both at same time an hour ago and has no relief. Can he take another flexeril now or how long should he wait?

I am sorry you have been waiting for an answer.

Flexeril 10 mg can be taken 3 times daily at the most. This means her would need to wait at least 6 hours in between dosing.

Did the doctor he saw recommend a heating bad or ice?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
He recommended ice which he is doing. Just so I'm clear he should wait 6 hours between 10mg dosing, he should not take anything more at the time?
Yes, this medication is only recommended to be taken a total of 3 times per day. At the most, if his personal doctor approved he could take another one in 4 hours, but without approval of his personal MD he needs to wait at least 6 hours in between dosing of the Flexeril.

Instead, if his pain has not relieved (and is over 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most severe pain he has ever experienced) then you should notify (call) the doctor or go to Urgent care or ER.

If you have further questions about this or anything else I can clarify, please continue to reply.