Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

I have pain on the left side of my jaw. It is down about an

I have pain on the left side of my jaw. It is down about an inch and a half from my ear underneath my jaw, where my jaw meets my neck. It is very tender to touch, it is swollen and the only time it feels better is when I take ibprofen. It is only on my left side. When I turn my head to the right and look up, it hurts even more.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Do you have fever, nausea, cough, throat discomfort? Does your throat look red/congested? Any swollen gland in neck?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not have a fever, I do have a little nausea but I just recently got on birth control again, I do not have a cough, and mny throat doesnt hurt. I do not think my throat looks red or congested. I cannot tell if my gland is swollen. When I feel around I do not feel my glands easily. It hurts pretty bad if I turn my head to the right and look up. It's super tight and right where the curve of my jaw is, underneath is tight and swollen and that's where it hurts to press it. This started suddenly on Monday.

Thank you for the information.
I am sorry to hear about your symptoms.
Based on your description, you don't seem to have any signs or symptoms of infection at this time. However, the location of pain that you are describing here could be related to your tonsil or muscle pull. Sine you do not have any signs of infection and you developed this pain suddenly, there is a good chance of muscle pull. The effect of bending your head on pain is also supported by muscle pull. Thus, at this time, you need to take rest, use OTC pain meds, and use heating pad in that area. You will see gradual improvement. In the meantime, you should keep eye on new symptoms such as fever, sore throat, cough, lymph node enlargement, if you get these symptoms then it could be related to infection, in that case you may like to see your doctor. You should also see your doctor if you don't see improvement in a few days.

Please let me know if you have any other question for me.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It would be swollen in the area of the muscle pull along my jawline? It would also hurt to touch the area? It doesn't hurt when I chew or open my mouth wide or anything. Where would I feel if my lymphnodes were swollen? This has been hurting for 4 days now.

Minor swelling can be associated depending upon the severity of muscle pull. Pain is usually associated if you press in that area. Any movements that put press on that muscle can cause pain. Lymph nodes are palpable only if enlarged. Enlarged lymph nodes are present along your jaw, neck, around your ear.
Since you do not have any signs of infection,,,, it is likely a muscle pull. One more thing, if you see skin color change in that area such as red, then it could be local skin infection. If everything is negative then,,, most likely muscle related. Since it has been 4 days, if you can make it, then visiting your primary care doctor would be appropriate to confirm the diagnosis.