Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years
13500761

Hello i am having fever of 101-103 C with shivering and vomiting.

Hello i am having fever of 101-103 C with shivering and vomiting. what is this Is this dangerous. i am 56 years old
Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info

How long have you had these symptoms? Do you have any diarrhea or other symptoms?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

last night. I had constipation from last few days so I was not eating anything but I am not having diaherrea

Any stomach pains or headache? Dizziness? How often are you vomiting?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was having headache last week but headache is fine n ya I am feeling dizziness and I have vomitted twice n after vomitted I start shivering

When was the last time you vomitted?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

3 hrs ago

And do you currently have a fever? If so, what is your temp.?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no I am fine now as I took parecetomol

How long have you been taking parecetemol? How often? And why were you prescribed it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

just today iwas feeling body aches thats y

Okay. You likely have the Stomach Flu. Get plenty of rest and drink plenty of clear fluids. Your symptoms should subside within 48 hours.

However, if your symptoms worsen, or your fever returns and is higher than 101, you should visit the Emergency Room for further testing. If you experience stomach pains or develop other related symptoms, you should visit the ER as well.