Dr.  RK
Dr. RK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice

Does plantar facitis run all the way back to the heel of the

Does plantar facitis run all the way back to the heel of the foot and up a couple of inches?
Dear customer,

how long are symptoms?
do you take any drug or consulted a doctor yet?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Have had symptoms about a week. Both feet are involved but the right foot is worse. At first, just the bottoms of my feet felt sore, not really painful. Now it does feel as though a tendon might be involved especially in the right foot and now it runs the length of my foot and about two inches up the back of my heel.

Am not taking meds and have not consulted a doctor.

Dear customer,

The plantar fascia runs along the bottom of the foot and support the arches and its inflammation may lead to plantar fascitis.The treatment involves resting, use of night splints, motrin or advil to control pain and inflammation and in some cases steroid injection in the heel.

The pain is usually felt at the bottom of heel.The other causes of pain in the bottom of heel should also be ruled out.

Here is the link for more information

plantar fascia

Let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dr. RK,

Thank you for the quick reply. I'm sure your diagnosis is correct. I went to the link you sent and looked at the treatment. I will follow that advice. (It's funny - describes me totally - always on my feet working.)

Thank you.

Dear customer,

You are welcome!

thank you