Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

My testicles have a bad odor and sometimes itch so bad that

My testicles have a bad odor and sometimes itch so bad that I scratch until they bleed
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Any redness or rash to your scrotum? How long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. That's odd. It's been almost 3yrs. And the only sexual partner has been my wife. I'm sure you hear that all the time.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So no bumps or drainage from the skin itself? Have you ever discussed this with a doctor and is it only the scrotum that itches?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct. No, I've never talked to our doctor about it. I'm not comfortable discussing it with her.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

And this is constant--it never lets up? Have you tried antihistamines like Claritin or Zyrtec?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will stop for a day or two and then it comes back. I shower every morning and 3 times a week I shower in the morning and before I go to bed. We have not changed soap or detergent. Nothing has changed but my age. What questions do I need to answer to get your help? Can you send me all of the pertinent questions so I can provide you the necessary information without going back and forth? This is why I'm paying for this service.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--just wanted to get as much information as possible here. It's possible that this is a fungal--not an STD--infection without much in the way of a rash, and I would suggest you try Lamisil cream three times a day along with application of tea tree oil and Claritin or Zyrtec and see if that clears up the problem in one to two weeks. If that doesn't help, you'll have to talk to your doctor about this, embarrassing as that might be for you. My next step would be prescription ketoconazole cream.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice