Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  Wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

RA-CI

Customer Question

Wife had ipv dye for cat scan in November for the last 3 months has had a severe rash swelling oozing itching dermatoligist took 2 different biopsies ,found nothing treated her with
2different antibiotics and cortisone cream no help
Retuned to doctor gave her 2) 5 day treatments of prednisone 20mg 6th day started right back up she also took with this treatment 1) 5mg tab per day levocetirizine dhcl she took this tab until 8/2/12 no help doctor took blood found she was allergic to iodine shell fish
Grass(tenious) german cockroaches since 8/2/12 doctor said a doctor at the clinic was sowing grass seeds wearing gloves and he got an iodine allergic reaction this spring we are surrounded by soy bean fields. She said all she could do was get her skin well enough to send her to an allergist since 8/2/12 she has taken 1) 25 mg tab of hydroxyzine hcl every six hours and happy heine(new)beierjobst 2-3 times a day it is the 8th and no change ankles and left leg very swollen has to elevate she is 57 slight build healthy but miserable for at least 3 months she stay in the house 98percent of the time has to sit on wooden chairs
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 2 years ago.

Welcome and thank you for the question.

- Where does your wife have the rash? legs, arms, whole body?

- When were the biopsies taken? What does teh reports say?

- What does the rash look like - dry, itchy, oozing, inflamed?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Whole body
April
Yes to all
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Every where when she is in the car or any any uphostered chair she needs only wooden chairs can not go out side some times we have take off our clothes and take a shower to help she does,t deserve this please help it has been so long to see your wife cry yet she tries so hard to keep it in
Thank you for the added information.

Since the rash is all over the body and has been present for quite some time, i doubt that this is simple allergic reaction. It is more likely to be an autoimmune skin disease.

Autoimmune skin disease like pemphigoid can cause the type of rashes all over the body including the severe itching and oozing that your wife has.

Sometimes diseases of the liver like biliary cirrhosis or some conditions of the kidneys can also cause rashes and itching.

Please consult an internal medicine specialist for a thorough examination and blood tests.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She went to doctor today general practice said she was checked for this they still believe it to be allergy she has appointment for the 27th more predisone drought area grass going to seed?
Please ask her to get a blood test called ANA - this will check if she has an autoimmune disease.
This can be due to allergic reaction to grass seed but since this has been ongoing for quite some time, Iit will be better to get a check up for autoimmune diseases.
I hope this helps.
Josephine,

You have rated this answer as 'poor service'. Why do you think this is poor? This as the correct answer. Was there more information you wanted?