Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years
13500761

I have had a rash under my under arms. First treatment was

I have had a rash under my under arms. First treatment was with Cloderm, use twice a day for 2 weeks , then stop a week, then repeat. After 4 sessions of this, it would come back. Went back to DR , now he has me using Cloderm the same application. But this time I am also using Desoximetasone cream and after my insurance approved it, Elidel. These two are put on twice daily as instructed. My question is , WHY USE ALL THREE.
Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info

Is it under your armpits? Do you have any hard lumps? Is it red or white blisters?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, under my armpits. On the edges. That is why the Dr said about friction and the detergent. No lumps. The very first time there was a "skin tag" that I got off with string. It is red , but has not itched at all.
The reason you are using three different medications is that your rash is a result of a bacterial infection and not all bacterial infections can be treated by one medication. The combination of these meds provides you with a number of different bacteria fighting agents. This treatment will kill any of the potential bacterial strains that are causing the infection