Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years
13500761

Hi... I am a 22 Year old women, I try very hard to take care

Hi... I am a 22 Year old women, I try very hard to take care of my health I exercise regularly and eat very healthy, but still struggle with my weight, I also have a lot of obscure symptoms but to start. I have had a persistent sore throat It is not sever pain like strep and I get white mucus that comes and goes my lymph nodes are swollen and I have been on antibiotics but the sore throat is still here. I get a painful sudden tickle in my throat sometimes when I talk. and a tiny red bump that sometimes will star bleeding. I have a lot to include but would just like to start there.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Jerry E replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info

How long has this been going on? What are your other symptoms?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This has been for around four months. My other symptoms are broud and I am not sure if they are connected for over a year I have been getting what i think of as flares of rashes on my elbows and fingers and severe pain in my shoulders and neck. I also get migraines with nausea when that happens. I don't know if it is connected to my throat or not. and like I said I work out regularly and eat really healthy but gained around sixty pounds. I finally lost seven after months of effort, then the sore throat hit me a rough nagging pain not sharp and terrible sudden tickles. tiredness and a constant low 99. fever.
Do you notice any changes in your throat symptoms during or after your migraines?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no, ringing in my ears is the only resent change. and the red dot in my throat, its tiny really tiny but sometimes it has a little circle of blood around it.
are you still there? and where is the accept button so I can give you credit for answering?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
The accept button should be in the corner of your answer box.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are we done talking I am sorry this site is really confusing it popped up a thing telling me to ask other experts,? Do you have no more opinions on the matter? Or do I just keep hitting reply?
I am still collecting information to help you..
Have you had any blood work done recently?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, sorry I was just confused, I had a test for rhumatoid arthritis a year ago and it was nagative, but its runs in my family and my sister has polyrheumatic myalgia, I went to the doctor today after the antibiotics failed he is testing my thyroid cbc and an ebstien bar test. the problem is I don't know what to expect and don't have insurance right now. so I cannot get to a specialist or primary care doctor.
Have you been tested for mono?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no. Though I went to two doctors they told me if I had mono it would be gone by now I would be sicker or my throat would hurt more.
I am not convinced of that.. make sure you are tested for it next time you go.

Otherwise, chronic sore throat (pharyngitis) is considered as any persistent throat irritation, itchiness or pain that lasts for more than 3 months. While a sore throat is usually thought of as pain, even slight irritation or itchiness of throat can cause a level of discomfort that may be described as ‘sore’ by a patient. Sometimes dysphagia may be mistaken for a sore throat although this is a difficulty with swallowing with no pain. At other times the pain or discomfort may be lower down the respiratory tract , like in the larThe causes of a chronic sore throat may be due to an infection, chemical or mechanical injuries or some other cause of persistent inflammation. Identifying the cause depends on the other signs and symptoms present, apart from the sore throat, as well as considering the patient’s medical history. At times, other diagnostic investigation may be required. This may include a neck x-ray, CT scan or laryngoscopynx, where it is described as a sore throat.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I forgot to tell you I have a constant red patch on my chest that started when my sore throat did it is like a sunburn, does not hurt just looks like a sunburn. and I do struggle to swallow sometimes it is the motion that is hard like there is someone light pressing on my wind pipe when I swallow. Thank you for all those thought I will take them to the clinic next time I go.
I doubt the red patch on your chest is related to your sore throat, it seems like some sort of allergy. Which allergies could be the cause of all your symptoms. Though they wouldn't likely be so constant and severe.
Either way, you should visit your doctor and have a complete physical done including lab work to determine exactly what is going on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh ok.. Well my husband and I have tried that when you don't have insurance the doctors will only perform very specific tests, Even though you pay cash, I suppose I was hoping you could point me in the direction of tests to ask for with my symptoms. apart from mono which I assure you i will ask for. with out a primary care doctor I really have to be direct or I just get shrugged off.
You should have allergy tests done as well
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience: 1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years