Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years
13500761

If I am having a gallbladder episode without stones, is there

If I am having a gallbladder episode without stones, is there things I should avoid so as not to rupture it before getting diagnosed?
Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info

You should not put off getting checked as it can become serious. In the mean time, make sure to avoid all fried foods, and foods with high fat content.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have been unable to eat since thursday anyway..barely getting enough liquids in...maybe a bottle of water, 3 pediolyte freezies and a couple servings of jello. As long as I don't move, the pain stays about 6-7 with pain meds...if I move, it becomes excruciating and when I eat or drink, as soon as the substance hits the bottom of my stomach I get cramps. My vomiting has subsided to once a day since Sunday, and diarrhea is about 3 times a day last 2 days. I have no fever though, but very lightheaded, dizzy and weak...As long as I don't have the fever, I should be ok, is that right?

I have also developed a lump in my throat and a lot of belching in the last 24 hrs.

Not having a fever doesn't indicate that you are ok. Some patients experiencing a gallbladder attack will never get a fever. With or without the fever, the situation needs to be treated. You should visit the emergency room asap to take care of it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you
You are welcome. Hope you are feeling better soon!