Nurse Susan
Nurse Susan, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN, BSN, MSN-ED, Nurse Educator whose passion is helping people understand their health and wellness
5707095

When I pull back skin on penis top, i see very very small skin

When I pull back skin on penis top, i see very very small skin color bumps which are hardly to see. On really careful observation few that are visible has a white tip. These are a few on top, bottom and left side of penis top. I used to have itching before observing this as well as after observing, I would say very minimal. It is been 5 days I observe them, they do not growin size, do not irritate me much but I have became to conscious about it. What it might me , is it anything of concern.
Hello JACustomer,

I would like to try and help you, but I need some more information please. Are you certain that these spots or bumps are new and have not been there before, unnoticed by you? Do you have any burning, or pain on urination? Have you had sexual encounters recently (I am trying to determine STD risk with this question).

Thanks for clarifying,
Sincerely,
Susan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I never saw my penis so carefully as I did now. The kind of tinkling or itching is same as I had in last ten or more years. No pain or burning sensation during urine. Yes I had a sexual encounter exactly one day less a month ago. Two weeks ago ran tests on blod and urine for Stds on a doctors advice all of them came negative.
Hello JACustomer,

Thank you for that additional information. I am working on your reply. It may be rather long, and I am not the fastest of typists. I just wanted to let you know I have not forgotten you nor am I ignoring you...just working on your answer.

Thanks allot,
Sincerely,
Susan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Great, look forward to herfom you soon.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Description of the test performed are (1) Lab Immunology (2) Lab Microbiology. The second was too expensive than first one.
Hello JACustomer,

I hope I can help you with this, and I can understand your concern. Unknown lumps and bumps can be disconcerting, especially when they appear on the genitals. Please understand though that online no one can state anything with any certainty, all any of us can do is offer a best educated guess based on what you wrote.

From what you wrote, there are a few possibles that come to mind...for the final answer, however, an in person exam by your health care provider is the only way to truly know the definitive diagnosis. But here are some guesses.

I am happy you had a negative STD screen at two weeks after an encounter. The two week time frame is long enough to detect the STDs I would worry about that could cause a rash that might be somewhat like you describe. STDs that cause rashes include herpes and syphilis; HPV will leave wart like lumps of various types.

These may be FORDYCE spots. These are normal, a variant of sebaceous gland beneath the skin and you would have had them. I know you said you've been carefully examining yourself, but its possible you did not note them prior to this. Information on these and pictures are here: http://dermnetnz.org/acne/fordyce.html

Alternately, these lumps may be Pearly Penile Papules, which are another normal variant in men. Images of them are here: http://dermatlas.med.jhmi.edu/derm/IndexDisplay.cfm?ImageID=-484272306

The way you described these with a white tip makes me wonder if they might be molluscum contagiosum. This is a virus that causes a wart like structure which has an indentation in it which you may be seeing as a white tip. It is a contagious virus, passed by contact. It is classed as an STD but its easily gotten by non sexual means. Children get it often. More information on that is here: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/molluscum/faq/everyone.htm

And a link to a page with signs and symptoms of common STDs. You will see Molluscum on there; in my opinion it should not be. http://www.fwhc.org/health/std.htm

The only way you will get a definite answer as to what the bumps on your penis are (diagnosis and treatment) is by seeing your doctor. But I hope these ideas on what it could or might be eases your anxiety somewhat.

I hope I was able to help,
Sincerely,
Susan

Just Answer has recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, not the site itself.
Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "CONTINUE CONVERSATION" button. Let me know the issue you have and I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

If you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is there any way with my self examination to say these are not genital warts over other infection you have told ppp or mc or fordyce spots.
Hello JACustomer,

I am sorry, unless you are a qualified dermatologist, and know what you are seeing, its impossible to self diagnose. And even a dermatologist might be leery of a self diagnosis as thats hardly an unbiased view. Even had a dermatologist been on this site and you uploaded a picture, he or she could not have made a diagnosis based on that, an in person exam done by a qualified professional is essential.

Medicine is an art as well as a science. If it were just science, it would be as easy to follow as a recipe book. But its not; even dermatologists can look at a rash and come to different interpretations of what it might be.

Your best bet is to be seen by a health care provider for diagnosis and treatment. I understand that is expensive. There are low cost and free clinics. Here are some web pages to find them http://www.needymeds.org/free_clinics.taf and http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/Search_HCC.aspx and http://www.pparx.org/en/prescription_assistance_programs/free_clinic_finder

I hope that was helpful,
Sincerely,
Susan