Nurse Susan
Nurse Susan, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN, BSN, MSN-ED, Nurse Educator whose passion is helping people understand their health and wellness
5707095

I have a fever and am tired. The feeling of being tired started

I have a fever and am tired. The feeling of being tired started this morning. A fever and chills hit about 3:00 pm. Its now 6:00 pm and I have no aches or pains, just the feeling of being tired and having a fever.
Hello JACustomer,

I am sorry to see you are unwell. I would like to try and help but need some more information. Do you have any other medical conditions? Do you have any particular concerns regarding this fever and tired feeling that you wish me to address? I am not so sure what you are asking us; I am not positive what you seek from our service.

Thank you for clarifying,
Sincerely,
Susan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What would cause this? Do I need to contact my physician's after hours service? Is Advil, fluids and rest the best course of action?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,What would cause this? Do I need to contact my physician's after hours service? Is Advil, fluids and rest the best course of action?
Hello JACustomer,

Do you have any other symptoms? Any coughing, sore throat? Wheezing or any issues breathing? Do you have any other medical conditions (diabetes, COPD, asthma, etc)?

Thanks for clarifying,
Sincerely,
Susan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No aches, no pains, no trouble breathing, no other conditions.
Hello JACustomer,

I hope I can help you here. Please understand that no one online can state what anything is with 100% certainty, all I can do is offer my best educated guess based on what youve written.

It sounds to me like you may be getting a virus of some sort. A cold or upper respiratory infection. There are many things which this could potentially be. One thing that does strike me though is your fatigue...I cant help but wonder if you may have mononucleosis. There is a blood test for mono but as it is a virus there is no medication for it; it just has to run its course. But people who have mono do need to take it easy, and it can cause liver and spleen enlargement that people should be aware of and refrain from physical activity during that time.

I asked you if you had other medical issues to see if you had risk factors. People who have COPD, for example, do need antibiotics sooner than someone without when that person has a cold. You have none of these risk factors from what you've written.

I think you can continue as you are doing, with the rest, Advil and fluids...and if you do not feel better after a few days, or feel worse, then by all means please do see the doctor. If you feel as though something is dreadfully wrong, please be seen sooner. (I am not there, after all).

I hope I was able to help and that you feel better soon,
Sincerely,
Susan

Just Answer has recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, not the site itself.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "CONTINUE CONVERSATION" button. Let me know the issue you have and I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

If you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today.