Nurse Susan
Nurse Susan, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN, BSN, MSN-ED, Nurse Educator whose passion is helping people understand their health and wellness
5707095

I have a question about molluscum contaction please.

Hello JACustomer,

Id like to try and help you. What is your question regarding Molluscum?

Sincerely,
Susan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I contracted molluscum 10 years ago through unprotected sex. It was treated (10 years ago) and disappeared until last week. For the last 6 years I have been in a monogamous relationship. Can it incubate for 10 years? I suspect my partner has been unfaithful - which do you think is more likely? Thank you.
Hello JACustomer,

Thanks for the additional detail. I hope I can help you here...please understand though that online no one can state anything with absolute 100% certainty, all I can do is offer my best guess based on what you've written.

Molluscum can recur (though the literature quibbles on this; some say it is eliminated when it is healed, others do not), though a recurrence after so long is unusual. And, though it can be acquired sexually, molluscum also is commonly gotten by non sexual means. Children get molluscum, often, as its a virus thats commonly found and commonly passed around on various objects like towels.

So, your molluscom does not mean that your partner has been unfaithful. You may have gotten it through any of a wide array of innocuous means.

Here is information on molluscum from the CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/molluscum/faq/everyone.htm

I hope I was able to help you,
Sincerely,
Susan

Just Answer has recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, not the site itself.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "CONTINUE CONVERSATION" button. Let me know the issue you have and I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

If you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today.