Dr.Saurabh Joshi
Dr.Saurabh Joshi, Doctor
Experience:  Physician,Neuro and Vascular Interventional Radiologist

Ive had a quarter size irritation on the side of my penis for

Customer Question

Ive had a quarter size irritation on the side of my penis for a few weeks now.. it gets very itchy along with my testicles and anus area but not painful. Went to doc and its not an std.. she just said to keep it clean and dry.. i have been and also started putting a topical anti fungal jock itch cream on it a few days ago. The itching is much better but round reddish irritation is still there. It looks like a dry patch of skin or psoriasis.. what should i do? I noticed it after having sex so that's why i went and got tested
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.Saurabh Joshi replied 4 years ago.

It will be a pleasure to try and help with your concerns.

This is likely to be a fungal infection, you can continue applying the antifungal cream over it.

If this still persists after 3 - 4 days, seeing a dermatologist would be a good idea.

Applying an antifungal medicated powder like " Abzorb" containing "Clotrimazole" would abzorb moisture in the area as well as have an antifungal effect.

I hope this answer helps you get better soon.