Nurse Susan
Nurse Susan, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN, BSN, MSN-ED, Nurse Educator whose passion is helping people understand their health and wellness
5707095

Hi I am 42 years of old and have big breasts and when I

Hi

I am 42 years of old and have big breasts and when I do excercise I feel the weight of them which makes it harder for me to workout. I am losing weight but I notice when I have a shower it hurts under my breast because of the heaviness of them. I cannot afford to get surgery. Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hello JACustomer,

I hope I can help here. Exercise and weight loss is a good way to reduce breast tissue, and you should be commended for choosing a healthy lifestyle, but it will take a while. In the meantime, a good support bra will help so it is not so uncomfortable to work out; the bra supports the weight of the breasts. It would be worth it to go and actually be fitted for a bra, many people don't know their actual size and here it truly does matter as you are in a deal of discomfort. Any womens shop should have customer associates who can size a bra properly.

Here is an online guide to bra sizing: http://www.lindasonline.com/bra-fitting-calculator.html

There is no option in the shower though, I don't suggest a bra there as then the underside of the breasts wont be washed and may be more subject to rashes of various types.

Good luck in your exercise and weight loss plan, and I hope I was able to help
Sincerely,
Susan

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either of the two stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "CONTINUE CONVERSATION" button. Let me know the issue you have and I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

If you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today.