A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I switched from Loestrin 24 Fe to Lo Loestrin and experienced

I switched from Loestrin 24 Fe to Lo Loestrin and experienced diarrhea and bloating for almost the entire month on the pill. Should I continue using Lo Loestrin or switch back to Loestrin this month?

Welcome and thanks for your question. The iron in the Loestrin 24 Fe tablets gives some women constipation when they take it. Likewise, when coming off it, they can get diarrhea because they no longer have the iron (Fe) in the pill. Whether to change back to the Fe formula or not would depend on how much the diarrhea and bloating is bothering you. Your body should become accustomed to it in 6-8 weeks. If it really bothers you though, a switch back to the Fe formula would be the way to go. You kow your body better than anyone, so the choice is really up to you.

All the best,