Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years

my right ear is bright red and hot? its been like this for

my right ear is bright red and hot? its been like this for about 30 minutes...why?
Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info

You are likely experiencing an allergic reaction.It is probably mild and not cause for concern, however, If you have swelling in your throat or tongue, seek immediate emergency medical attention.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i got bit by a bug on saturday and have had a red mark on my arm....i have had a small headache it possible that its something crazy like eee? also if it was an allergic reaction to the bite that would have happeneded days ago right?

The bug bite and ear symptoms aren't likely related. However, if you have had cases of humans contracting EEE in your region or state, you may want to visit your doctor to have testing done to rule it out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
could that be possible?
It could be possible as anyone who is bit by a mosquito is at risk for contracting the disease. However, it is highly unlikely. I am confident your ear symptoms are related to an allergic reaction that has nothing to do with that virus.
I hope I have addressed your medical concern.if so- Please click on ACCEPT so that I get answer credit. or Ask more if needed
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dr E... I have had a pretty wicked headache for 3 days now, could that be related? the ear thing went away
It's doubtful, but have you visited your primary care physician recently?