Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

How do?es sertralin works

How do?es sertralin works

Dear customer,
I am Dr.David Charles and I'm happy to help with your question today.

Sertraline is in a class of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRIs.These drugs act on a specific chemical within the brain known as serotonin.

Serotonin is a naturally occurring chemical in the brain that is involved in the transmission of messages between nerve cells.When the levels of serotonin become unbalanced,it can cause a variety of conditions including depression and panic disorder.

Sertraline acts by inhibiting CNS(central nervous system) neuronal uptake of serotonin which raises serotonin levels in the CNS.The effectiveness of Sertraline(Zoloft) is presumed to be linked to its inhibition of CNS neuronal uptake of serotonin (5HT).

So this drug is used to treat depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, and other conditions.

For better understanding see this picture:

graphic

Hope this helped.

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question. Please be sure to rate my answer when our correspondence is complete

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HI,
thanks for your answer.

I'd like to know how can I schedule a personal appointment with you.

Dear customer,

Personal clinical appointments cannot be made through this website.Just answer is a website where you can get professional expert opinion/advice/information.

If you want physical/clinical examination then you need to consult your doctor & make appointment accordingly.

If you want online consultation from me,feel free to request the question addressing by my name.

Hope this helped.

Please choose “Excellent service” or “Good service” or “Ok service” to finish the answer process.This is the only way by which the expert will get paid.

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please do not forget to rate my answer when our correspondence is complete.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles