Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

Lab test title TSH W/FREE T4 RFX and the results it is THS

Lab test title TSH W/FREE T4 RFX and the results it is THS 3.46 , what does it mean?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,

I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today.

You have undergone TSH test.Normal value of TSH(Thyroid stimulating hormone) is 0.4 - 4.0 mIU/L for those with no symptoms of abnormal thyroid function.Your value of TSH level of 3.46 is absolutely normal.There is nothing of concern.Your thyroid gland is functioning normal.

Hope this helped.

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Please be sure to rate my answer when our correspondence is complete

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but on top it says that the tast also includes Free T4 RFK, and in the results it only says TSH 3.46?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
,but on top it says that the tast also includes Free T4 RFK, and in the results it only says TSH 3.46?
Dear customer,
I am happy to answer your follow up question.

Rfx(RFK) is an abreviation for reflex.Your TSH is normal, so the T4 test was not done.

It means that because your TSH level of 3.46 is within normal range (0.4 - 4.0 mIU/L).So your T4 test was not done.

Hope this helped.

My main motive is your satisfaction.If you still have any questions in mind,please feel free to ask.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see online that the range was changed to be not more then 3?
Dear customer,

There is ongoing controversy about reference range of TSH values.

Currently, at most laboratories in the U.S., the reference range for TSH tests is approximately 0.4 to 4.0 & hence your result was interpreted as normal & so T4 test was not done.

Your lab report should contain the range your lab uses. Also, your doctor will evaluate your results based on your health and other factors.

Please choose “Excellent service” or “Good service” or “Ok service” to finish the answer process.

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.

Kind Regards-
Dr.Charles

Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience: Internal medicine specialist
Hi JA customer,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you consulted your doctor?

Let me know,
Dr.Charles