Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I get random hot flashes. I am a 25 year old male and as we

I get random hot flashes. I am a 25 year old male and as we speak it feels like I have a 100 degree temperature and my face gets red.
How long has this been going on and how long do they last? What tests specifically were run?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
They have been lasting for over 2 months now. They last from 30-60 minutes. They tested my liver, thyroid, diabetes and an STD HIV test.
Has a doctor ever seen you when this is happening? Any other symptoms besides what you mentioned?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yeah I have seen two and they don't know what it could be. They said maybe its hormonal but never help me. Thats really all the symptoms. I have lately been urinating more then I use too. But my ears get really warm and I get really tired. I just wish I knew what this could be. I have heard that the body gets warm if it fights an infection?
When it happens--any sweating, diarrhea, tremors?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do sweat a lot but not during the hot flashes. But no other symptoms really. Sometimes I get a headache afterwards and I do have a stiff neck most of the time and almost everyday.
OK. All I can do here is give you my thoughts and how I would work up your case. Will that be sufficient?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yeah I just need to know who i should see and what I should do or get done and even some guesses at some treatment.
OK--just one more question--have you ever considered that these could be anxiety attacks?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have considered that.. My hands so shake a lot....
Well, that would be something to consider once other things are ruled out. This could be an autoimmune disorder like lupus, or it could be a rare disorder called a pheochromocytoma--an adrenal gland tumor that secretes adrenalin. I'd get blood work for those and a ct of the abdomen, and if those were negative, I think this is an anxiety reaction and I'd suggest you see a clinical psychologist for that.