Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I have a spot blister looking thing on the bottom of my right

Customer Question

I have a spot blister looking thing on the bottom of my right foot, I would like to send you a picture.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 2 years ago.
Greetings.

Please send the picture; you can attach it by clicking the paper clip icon?

Since when is the blister?
Was this caused by shoe-wear?

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
, ,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure if you received the message? , ,
Hello Tristan,

It seems that your reply has not appeared on the thread.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,OK, pls send me another message, it will work. Thanks
Have you attached the photo?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Thanks Tristan for the photo.

Since when is the blister?
When did you pop it with the needle?
Are you diabetic?
Any significant past medical illness?

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Walked on my feet for 8 hours....been drinking heavily for 6 weeks...not diabetic as far as I know. ?
Tristan,

A prolonged pressure due to walking and Vitamin B12 / Thiamine deficiency due to increased alcohol is the likely cause for the blister. Following measures should be able to heal it;

1) Application of neosporin ointment.
2) Wearing Sandals as this will avoid sweating due to shoes and help in healing and drying it out.
3) Avoiding standing and walking much so healing can be facilitated.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, just took a B Complex and will stay off the foot. Thank you. Can it get worse? Or does it just need to rest? Is there a danger if I walk more?
If you walk more, it may erode the skin and tissue deeper to the blister and delay the healing. If you stay off the foot and keep it dry, it is unlikely to get worse. Healing in your age is fast. This is unlikely to cause any significant problem.