Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

Please interpret these test results and tell me if they are

Please interpret these test results and tell me if they are in the normal range. If they are elevated, please tell me what the results indicates.
Creatinine, urine: 147.3 mg/dL
Microalbumin/Creatinine: 8.1
Microalbumin,UR,QN: 11.9

Results are from a urine and a blood sample.
Thank you.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

The urne creatinine level is normal.
The microalbumin creatinine ratio is however increased indicating the presence of protein in blood. This could be due to kidney disease and commonly associated with diabetes and high blood pressure.

Please talk to your doctor and you need to consult a nephrologist for further evaluation.

Please remember to rate me excellent service to give credit for my answer and time.

IF you feel the need to rate negatively and have additional questions, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION or REPLY TO EXPERT button . I would be happy to answer all your questions till you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. Please tell me the normal range for micro./creatinine ratio. Also, is the microalbumin,UR,QN within normal range? What does this result indicate?
Normal micro/creatinine is less than 3 and a ratio above that is considered to be microalbuminuria.

I did not understand the last result : is it microalbumin in urine that is 11.9?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't know if the microalbumin UR QN result is in itunes or blood. Urine and blood tests were done at the same time.
microalbumin UR QN: This is the actual amount of microalbumin in urine (normal is < 20) and your's is normal. This is however not important in itself and it is the micro/creatinine ration which is the most important.

I would just like to correct myself that the normal micro/creatinine ratio is < 30. I have mistakenly written as 3 (it was a typing error). So, your level is normal.

All your result are in fact normal and within the normal range.