911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician

one month ago, in june, i had an ablation for a-fib done .

one month ago, in june, i had an ablation for a-fib done . Exactly one month later i hd symptoms again and i had a new ablation because they discovered i had avnrt. What is this exactly
 this is 14 days ago since now...and since my ablations my blood pressure wchich used to be high has felt to 115/75, but pulse around 112-114 in rest . I feel really really tired and i wonder is that normal 14 days after an ablation- maybe because i had two so close to each other
Category: Health
Expert:  911Doctor replied 1 year ago.

911Doctor :

Welcome, My answers are for educational purposes only. Remember please, that we do not get paid if you do not click 'accept' / give positive ratings!

Customer:

ok

911Doctor :

have you mentioned this to your cardiologist?

911Doctor :

also

911Doctor :

are you light headed or dizzy when you stand

911Doctor :

?

911Doctor :

the blood pressure is fine as long as you are not having symptoms like light headedness or dizziness with standing

Customer:

no i havent talked to them since surgery

911Doctor :

your heart rate is too high by a bit....

911Doctor :

have they done post procedure ekgs?

Customer:

a little dizzy yes

Customer:

only 14 days ago..i have a check up again on the 3th

Customer:

13th

911Doctor :

can you get in touch with your cardiologist today? the one who did the procedure or one of his partners?

Customer:

no unfortunately they have vacation now ..and wont be back before the 13th

Customer:

so you dont think its normal to be tired 14 days after

911Doctor :

there is someone on call for them, or, if you can't get them do you have a regular doctor?

Customer:

yes i do...i can call him tomorrow

911Doctor :

how about now?

Customer:

well i live in denmark...and i can oly call between 8am - 16-pm and here its 18 pm now

911Doctor :

stand by....one minute...

Customer:

ok

911Doctor :

so i would say this... if you have any chest pain, dizziness, near fainting, or fainting, you need to go now to the hospital. if not, you can call your doctor tomorrow....

911Doctor :

i am not sure if a reflex tachycardia is normal this far out from the procedure

911Doctor :

meaning a high heart rate

911Doctor :

and i assume they have checked your thryoid, correct?

Customer:

yes they have

911Doctor :

good

Customer:

but i am only a little dizzy..otherwise ok

Customer:

it's just that i am soo tired

911Doctor :

so my one concern would be for the afib again.... if your pulse is regular this is almost certainly not going on, but your heart is too fast and this is okay for now, but figuring out why is important

911Doctor :

and any worsening of symptoms should prompt you to go right away to the hospital

911Doctor :

does this make sense?

Customer:

yes but why am i tired because of a-fib?

911Doctor :

and being tired is okay.... i hope you can sleep tonight.

911Doctor :

well, you shouldn't have afib anymore.... so that's not it....

911Doctor :

and afib doesn't make people tired.... are you on any new medicines?

Customer:

no no medication

911Doctor :

okay

911Doctor :

that's not it either

911Doctor :

any fever or chills?

Customer:

no nothing

Customer:

i just thought maybe it was because of the procedure or the pulse

911Doctor :

good

911Doctor :

then i think calling your physician in the am is a good plan and going immediately for any acutely worse or new symptoms is the thing in between.

911Doctor :

make sense?

Customer:

yes thank you

911Doctor :

you are most welcome

911Doctor :

be well and thank you for your question.

911Doctor, Doctor
Experience: Board Certified Emergency Physician