Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years

FOR DR ABBY good afternoon, can you please tell

FOR DR ABBY

good afternoon, can you please tell me what are benefits and risks of drinking one or 2 glasses of chlorophyll per day?

I put it in a glass of water and drink.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Jerry E replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. E. Greetings from New York! I'm so glad you posted your question for me to answer, and I aim to provide you with accurate info

Liquid chlorophyll has many health benefits. Scientist Offen Krantz found that chlorophyll is helpful for stomach ulcers. Nutritionist Bernard Jensen reported that people who took chlorophyll had a higher blood count and generally better health. Liquid chlorophyll is said to detoxify the body, strengthen the immune system, help purify blood, cleanse the digestive tract and encourage cell production and regeneration. It is often used to relieve mild constipation, alleviate pain from stomach ulcers and keep the immune system strong.

While there is little danger in using liquid chlorophyll supplements, there can be side effects. Some people experience green-colored urine or a black or yellow tongue after prolonged use of chlorophyll. If you use it on a cut as an antiseptic, you may itch temporarily. Some people may experience diarrhea, and chlorophyllin may cause a fecal blood culture to show a false positive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Excuse me Doctor , This question is for Dr Abby . I indicated on my message with big letters FOR DR ABBY.

Can you please send the question to Dr Abby . Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Dr Jerry ,do you wish to continue? I will ask you what I need to ask or you transfer it to Dr Abby ? Please informme . Thanks
What can I help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Doctor,

About what you and me wrote,I drink today and I have stomach pain little and nosea little, what shall I do ?

How this Chlorophyll influence the nerwous system?

You mentioned that it can change results of blod test, so if I make blod tests doctors will get confused because I drink chlorophyll and it changes the results?

How long ypou recommend to drink this, I started yesterday, few weeks or few months ?

Do not be alarmed about your symptoms today, as long as they are mild.
some individuals who reported stomach cramps, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Sometimes, the supplement can also cause constipation

Sometimes Chlorophyll influences the nervous system by disrupting patterns and causing hormonal imbalances.

chlorophyllin may cause a fecal blood culture to show a false positive, which means that if you had a culture done on your digestive system, it may indicate that you have fecal bleeding, when in fact you don't. No other blood tests are impacted.

• Some people may develop adverse reactions to liquid chlorophyll. When this happens, the possible symptoms are hives, rashes, redness and/or swelling of the face, shortness of breath, itchiness, and tingling sensation.
    As long as you dont have these symptoms, continue use for the next month.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Doctor, what symptoms should oblige me to go to emergency?

Taking into consideration all the side effects is it good or not to use it for the body ?

And if I stop it after one month the side effects may continue for how long? Or they stop as soon as I stop using it?

Seek ER Treatment if you experience Symptoms related to an adverse reactions to liquid chlorophyll, the possible symptoms are hives, rashes, redness and/or swelling of the face, shortness of breath, itchiness, and tingling sensation.

Whether it is beneficial or not depends on the person. Some people show positive results while others do not. You should determine which category you fall into by using it for a trial period.

Once you stop taking it, the side effects should go away within 3-5 days.
Have I addressed all of your concerns regarding this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have at the moment Seborrheic Dermatitis , in such case can I use the Cloropphyl drink?

Seborrheic dermatitis started before istarted to use cloropphyl drink so can i drink the cloropphyl in this situation?

It may be helpful to your condition as it has been known to increase cell production and regeneration, which could help the healing
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience: 1 yr experience family medicine (adult and children), emergency medicine for five years