Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

ℓ̊ ve been having severe pains in ♍Ɣ tummy for d past eight

Customer Question

ℓ̊ ve been having severe pains in ♍Ɣ tummy for d past eight months №ω each time ℓ̊ want to menstrates Α̲̅πϑ d worst part of it is †̥ђɑ†̥ it won't come out,wot can ℓ̊ do all d drugs ♍Ɣ doctor gave to me were not effective Α̲̅πϑ he said it was ovariancysts
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.
Greetings Enitan.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Just to confirm;

You have not period for 8 months?
Your have been diagnosed with ovarian cysts (were you told polycystic ovarian disease)?
What are the investigations done?
What are medications you have tried?

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dyes it is polycysts ovarian.it was discovered thru scan and i was given some drugs and injection which i dont know their names
Hello Enitan,

Period absence can be a sign of a uterine or ovarian problem or dysfunction of the hypothalamic-pituitary regulatory axis. PCOS is among the most common endocrine disorders that results in cycle irregularity. In the case of PCOS, increased ovarian androgen production is the cause. The next step is to evaluate prolactin levels and perform thyroid-function tests. Mild hyperprolactinemia is often detected in women with PCOS.

The laboratory testing done for absence of period (termed as secondary amenorrhea) should include measurements of serum prolactin, androgens, thyrotropin, and FSH to test for hyperprolactinemia, thyroid disease, and ovarian failure. Causes of absence of period are;

1) Ovarian hormone dysfunctions
2) Thyroid hormone abnormalities
3) Stress, anxiety, emotional disorders
4) Sudden weight loss or gain
5) Excessive physical activity
6) Hyperprolactinemia

If all the hormonal and above causes are ruled out, one of the most common types of secondary amenorrhea is functional hypothalamic amenorrhea, which by definition rules out pathologic disease. In this there is a decrease in hypothalamic gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) secretion. Multiple factors may contribute to the pathogenesis of functional hypothalamic amenorrhea, including eating disorders, exercise, and stress. However, in a few women with functional hypothalamic amenorrhea no obvious precipitating factor is evident (this might be true in your case). Consultation with an endocrinologist (if noot yet done) is necessary for performing an adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) stimulation test or for other causes of menstrual irregularity such as thyroid disease or pituitary adenoma.

Following would help in PCOS, meanwhile;

1) Weight reduction, if over weight. Loss of abdominal fat seems to be crucial to restore ovulation. If it is morbid obesity, Bariatric surgery may be advised. Otherwise dietary counseling and exercise would help in short and long term.
2) FSH stimulation with clomiphene HMG or pulsatile LHRH.
3) Reduction of ovarian androgen secretion by using oral contraceptives or LH-releasing hormone (LHRH) analogs.
4) Urofollitropin (pure FSH) administration.
5) Reduction of ovarian androgen secretion by laparoscopic ovarian wedge resection. Laparoscopic ovarian surgery (laparoscopic ovarian drilling) is a useful alternative that does not trigger ovary stimulation.
6) Metformin improves ovulation, insulin sensitivity.

First-line medical therapy usually consists of an oral contraceptive to induce regular menses. If this is not helping, endocrine evaluation by a endocrinologist would be paramount.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do not understand all those medical terms you used.my question is dat is thr any drugs u can prescribe for me dat can cure me and that can make my menstration flows back again.right now am in pains its started yestida.
Enitan

You can ask your doctor to prescribe you the oral contraceptive, which is the first line of treatment.

Unfortunately we cannot prescribe here. This is a question answer site. Doctors cannot prescribe online as it is not legal. A personal office visit is required and physical examination is necessary to issue a script. Canadian and Asian online pharmacies can send the medications but these can be substandard and regulatory authorities can stop them.

I understand that this may not be the answer you are looking for. Your physician would be the best to help you. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.