Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

hello, i was in a bar fight couple days ago and i got hit to

hello, i was in a bar fight couple days ago and i got hit to my face with a fist.
now im having head aches and my left ear cant hear too well, should i go to a doctor or will this thing sort it self out ?

and what could be the reason of my left ear weakening ?

i am sorry for my bad english, i hope you can answer this one i am quite worried.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

You should exclude a a ruptured tympanic membrane immediately which would need repair, if detected.
This is the most reason for poor hearing in your left ear. You should also try to xclude any fracture in the "temporal bone" by the ear. A fracture is this area can cause headache as well as problems with hearing.

So, please go to the ER and get a CT scan of the"head and the left mastoid region". You should also see the primary care doctor.
Take paracetamol or ibuprofen (? brand name in your country) for the headache.

Please remember to rate me excellent service to give credit for my answer and time.

IF you feel the need to rate negatively and have additional questions, please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION or REPLY TO EXPERT button . I would be happy to answer all your questions till you are satisfied.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay thanks, XXXXX XXXXX definitely rate you excellent after this question. is there a possibility that my hearing has been damaged permanently ?
I do not think so . The hearing usually recovers once the cause for it is treated. The cause can be identified by an Ear, nose and Throat consultant who will examine the ear followed by a CT scan as mentioned earlier.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay thanks i will definitely go to a doctor tomorrow then.
Thanks for the rating.

Great, hope that you get back to normal soon enough!!