Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

Hi, I have been having pains in my chest for a few weeks now.

Hi, I have been having pains in my chest for a few weeks now. I am overweight and have been under an extreme amount of stress (which has now finished) so I just attributed it to this. The pain is a dull ache sometimes leading to a shooting pain. It is on the right hand side of my chest. Do I need to go to the doctors to check this out or just carry on with losing weight?

Dr. Nomi :

Dr. Nomi :

Though apparently it is looking like a muscular pain but on the basis of whole scenario it is mandatory to get a check up with your Physician.

Dr. Nomi :

Your blood pressure and blood cholestrol levels should be checked up.

Dr. Nomi :

A complete heart profile should be done.

Customer:

When you say muscular, do you mean I've just worked the muscles out too much? What else could it possibly be? And should I get this checked out straight away or can I wait until next week?

Dr. Nomi :

No you should get checked up straight away and no more waiting.Muscular pain can occur due to exercise or over work.some time it occur due to bad posture and some time without any know reason.

Customer:

OK. thank you.