Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I am having a mild but annoying an persistent pain/pressure

I am having a mild but annoying an persistent pain/pressure in my head. It flares up every couple minutes for the last couple of days, seems to emanate from my inner ear/temple but hard to peg down. Sometimes feels more like just a sharp pain in the head. Recently got over a bad sinus thingy so not sure if it's connected or if I should see a doctor.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry about your symptoms.

Since how many days is this happening?
Do you have dizziness, nausea, nose blockage, running nose, loss of appetite, neck stiffness, vision disturbance?
Any significant past medical history?
Are you on any medications?
How long ago did the sinus infection resolve?

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hey there! It's been about two or three days.
Today I feel slightly dizzy but to be honest it's only happened since I started worrying about this haha
I would say its PROBABLY caused by anxiety related to worrying about what the headache is but ya never know.
None of those other symptoms. I'm on several medications for bipolar disorder (Seroquel, depokote, riserodal, lexapro, ambien at night). No history except my recent sinus infection.

A wait and watch approach would be appropriate at this point of time, as it is mild. This is unlikely to be serious, with no other symptoms and can be related to the anxiety. The other possibility for it is residual sinus infection and acid reflux (gastroesophageal reflux disease / GERD). Meanwhile, you may try following;

1) Motrin / Advil (Ibuprofen)
2) Plenty of fluids
3) Multivitamin; vitamins A, C, E, the B vitamins, and trace minerals, such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, and selenium.
4) Probiotic supplement
5) Omega 3 fatty acid
6) Avoid; cookies, crackers, cakes, French fries, onion rings, donuts, processed foods, and margarine.
7) Also avoid; white breads, pastas, and especially sugar, red meats,
8) Eat lean meats, cold water fish, tofu, beans, olive oil.
9) Prilosec (over the counter).

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.