Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

hello, i started taking Cadista today for the first time ever

hello, i started taking Cadista today for the first time ever for the bite/ pimple like bumps over my body. i started w 6 pills today and will take one less everyday for the nxt 6 day. im still itchy n new bumps r coming long does the drug start to take affect? and how can i detox when im finished? #scaredofthisdrughelp
Hello Amina,

Steroids will take 48 hours to 72 hours to show the effect, chronic eczema. Since you are tapering them off (decreasing one pill everyday); which is right way, there is no need to detox. As tapering off the dose detox spontaneously.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thx....some think i might have been misdiagnosed since it wasn't a dermatologist that gave me the pills but a regular drug store doc whom did say to me she wasn't sure what was on my skin but was able to write a prescription of steroids w/out suggesting a specialist. .bb but now i am skeptical its bites too, it is normal for eczema to look like pimples instead of rash? will i have eczema.for the rest of me poor life or can it go away?oh lastly can i have wine on Cadista? a little...
You are very welcome, Amina.

The chronic eczema has small blister, raw, red areas, itching, color changes of skin (dark or light). Ideally, before starting a steroid, dermatologist should be consulted for the exact diagnosis, but since you were seen by a doctor, I would not worry as eczema is not difficult to diagnose. One glass of wine can be taken with the steroids. With a proper treatment, eczema can be completely cured.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun