A persistent cough and feeling of swelling in throat and tongue can be due to gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) (heartburn may be absent surprisingly). This may develop due to antibiotics and medications. You may try following, which should be helpful in these symptoms;
1) antacids; Maalox
2) acid blocker; Prilosec
3) loosing weight, if overweight.
4) avoiding alcohol, citrus fruits and juices, chocolate, and tomato based products
5) avoiding large meals. Eat 5 small meals in a day.
6) wait three hours after the meal before you sleep.
7) elevate head end of the bed by 8 inches.
Following Nutrition and supplements would also help;
1) Multivitamin; vitamins A, C, E, the B vitamins, and trace minerals, such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, and selenium.
2) Probiotic supplement
3) Omega 3 fatty acid
4) Avoid; cookies, crackers, cakes, French fries, onion rings, donuts, processed foods, and margarine.5) Also avoid; white breads, pastas, and especially sugar, red meats,
6) Eat lean meats, cold water fish, tofu, beans, olive oil
Try these measures for atleast three to four days and if you are better may continue for a week.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."
Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.