1) antacids; Maalox
2) acid blocker; Prilosec
3) loosing weight, if overweight.
4) avoiding alcohol, citrus fruits and juices, chocolate, and tomato based products
5) avoiding large meals. Eat 5 small meals in a day.
6) wait three hours after the meal before you sleep.
7) elevate head end of the bed by 8 inches.
Following Nutrition and supplements would also help;1) Multivitamin; vitamins A, C, E, the B vitamins, and trace minerals, such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, and selenium. 2) Probiotic supplement3) Omega 3 fatty acid4) Avoid; cookies, crackers, cakes, French fries, onion rings, donuts, processed foods, and margarine.5) Also avoid; white breads, pastas, and especially sugar, red meats,6) Eat lean meats, cold water fish, tofu, beans, olive oil
Try these measures for atleast three to four days and if you are better may continue for a week.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.