Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Pain in the left side

Pain in the left side

I am sorry about your pain.

Do you have bloating, gas, urinary symptoms, constipation/diarrhea, abdominal tenderness?
Any past history of stone disease or family history of stone?
Any unaccustomed physical work in last 3-4 days?

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No bloating, possibly more gas than normal, but have always had gas issues. Urine is orange, but might be slightly dehydrated. Haven't had a bowel movement in 36 hours. Tenderness is only on the left side, but very painful. No stone disease that I am aware of. I did lift a large countertop, 120", 75 lbs over my head and out of the house last night.

This can be abdominal muscle strain with your history of lifting heavy box last night. You may take an Ibuprofen (Motrin / Advil) and do ice compresses and apply a local analgesic cream or spray. But this need to be watched carefully with your accompanied symptoms of constipation and orange urine. These may point to bowel issue and stone disease. So drink plenty of fluids and if the urine color becomes normal, there is less likelihood of stone. Plenty of fluids would help in the constipation too. Alarming signs would be;

increasing pain and tenderness
tight abdomen
not relief with the Ibuprofen.
increasing bloating and gas.

All of these would warrant an examination by a doctor. Meanwhile avoid caffeine and alcohol drinks. Fresh fruit juices, coconut water, Gatorade, plain water would be good.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you! I will try all of your suggestions and hopefully be good as new in the morning.
You are very welcome.

Good luck.