Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

30 yrs old. 5 11" 165 lbs. Good physical health. Started to

30 yrs old. 5' 11" 165 lbs. Good physical health. Started to notice muscle soreness yesterday. It is an aching feeling that started in my back and calves. Later in the day my abs,neck,groin and fore arms were really sore. Woke up this morning and the soreness is worse. I don't really feel sick, although my temp just reached 99.7. Any suggestions. Thank you.

Any rash and any chance of an insect bite?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No rash. Insect (mosquito) bite is possible, although not probable. I am very healthy and hardly ever get sick.
No sore throat or swollen glands?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No sore throat, my wife (RN) said my glands seem a little swollen.
OK. All I can do is give you possibilities here. Flu and early mononucleosis are two of them. Lyme disease is another. Finally this could indicate a vitamin deficiency or a magnesium deficiency, low thyroid, or an autoimmune disorder like polymyalgia rheumatica. I have the feeling that with rest and ibuprofen this may all resolve in a few days, but, if not, you need some blood work to see if there's something going on here besides a viral syndrome like the flu.