Daegan12
Daegan12, Nurse
Experience:  I have many years experience as a nurse, and have worked in many areas. I have worked with people of all ages.
67531278

I hit the top of my head pretty hard on the side of a swimming

I hit the top of my head pretty hard on the side of a swimming pool. I don't feel too bad other than my head, neck and back hurt a bit. I am a little woozy when moving my head. I really don't want to pay a lot of money to go to the ER but I have also heard minor head injuries can turn into fatal ones. My eyes are not dilated and I don't feel sick at the moment. Any advice?
Hello and I am sorry that you had this happen. I know you say you do not want to go to the ER but with head injuries it is always better to get checked out. There are times where people go to sleep with head injuries and do not wake up. It is important to make sure everything is ok. They would probably do a CT scan of your head and maybe some other x rays. I wouldn't put this off. It is important to get a clean bill of health after hitting your head. I hope everything turns out ok and I wish you the best.