Dr. Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States
20297917

Dr. Abby Only-: I got a phone call from Dr.#2 tonight, and

Dr. Abby Only-:
I got a phone call from Dr.#2 tonight, and i would like your input.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 2 years ago.
Madeleine,

Nothing of great surprise. Although I thought he would have wanted you to use the cane more...
I am not sure whether you are disappointed about the second epidural and waiting but I do agree that the longer you can wait the better. If the pain is due to a nerve from a disk in the back, the neurontin should help.

Hopefully you are happy with his response...

Dr Abby

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not unhappy w/his responses--i can well understand why i "have" to wait for the next shot....makes sense....whether i like it or not, i have to accept it, right? What i DON'T understand is why the Neuronten hasn't YET helped the shin/ankle, tho' it IS a little better....he did niot recc i take a larger dose than i am already taking(400mgs.2X daily-Dr. Cohen said above this there is really no additional benefit, and side efffects increase--HE'S the one who said i should work up to the 400--)

BTW-i made an app't to see him when we get back from our Musical Activities(will write again about musicals, etc. from there;no time now :( ) and the Baseball Hall of Fame-will be away from tomorrow 'til Mon. eve,but i can use comp again once we get to MA on Sat.,so that is when i will try to catch up w/you-My cough has worsened recently,so i need to see him once i'm back in Larchmont(NY) againto get checked out-When i breathe in deeply i have to cough, and the cough seems and sounds worse.Hopefully, the hycodan will cover me OK 'til then.

Love,

~M~

Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 2 years ago.
Agreed, the neurontin should be working by now if it were going to have an impact on that pain.

As for the cough, I am sorry it has returned. It is good that you are following up with your doctor about it..l
I hope you are able to enjoy your time away despite what is going on,

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanx--i sure will try!!!!
Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 2 years ago.
Good. Be safe and enjoy. I will be thinking of you!
Dr Abby
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Keeping these 2 questions 'open..."

Off in a bit.

I am glad you will be thjinking of me....really, i am.

I am taking The cane for the Hall of Fame and Tanglewood and Glimmerglass (all worth googling!!)....People seem a LOT nicer to me when i have it,and i can use it or not, depending on my need--So once again, many, many thanx for your advice....

I will be in touch, prob'ly while you are working!!!! oh well--i will make sure we DO connect.

Your BIGGEST, MOST ARDENT FAN,

Madeleine

Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 2 years ago.
I glad to hear you are taking your now trusted friend with you... Maybe you will get the VIP treatment this weekend. Lol.

Enjoy,

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Dr. Abby-:

Well, our little "Vacation(some might call it a TAD hectic!)"is coming to an end, and i wanted to connect with you....

I DID use the cane; quite a bit, in fact....but i also overdid it some; 'never seem to know how much is TOO much until i try....not always w/such positive results.....Also, i never know whether the cane will be a help or a hindrance....w/o it(my "new, trusted friend"--well put, as always! Smile ),i feel as free as a bird until the hip pain begins, so i grab onto it-'Have decided to take the folding one in a tote bag and use it as needed, which will be interesting(as to how MUCH).Last night, for instance,i could barely walk at day's end;it was pretty bad.Today i did a little better, but i did a lot less(however, we attended a WONDERFUL concert-last night,too-Handicapped park. helps a LOT!

Do you think the hip shot did ANY good????
Your fan,
Madeleine

Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 2 years ago.
Madeleine,

I would like to think that the injection did do some good.
But, only you can say whether your amount of pain is less with the same amount of activity.

I am glad that you enjoyed the concert. I thought of you over the weekend and wondered how you were getting along.

I hope that today is a better day than the last two.

Dr Abby
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good Morning, Dr. Abby-:

Yes, i think that the ACCUMULATION of injections has helped. Since i was less active yesterday and feel somewhat better today, i think i just have to take things a bit more slowly--both T and i agree we went to "Stage 3' instead of to "Stage 2" RIGHT from Stage 1--a MISTAKE for us BOTH, as HIS arm pained as well....

So this morning i am hopeful i can get back to wherever i WAS before all of the excessive acticity(i didn't even mention the HILL i had to walk up in oder to GET to the Hall of Fame--HARD!!--and i had to do it sev. times for GOOD reasons i could explain if we were facebook Friends-not 'nuff room here).

I will try very hard to do an Attitude Adjustment....

What do you think, w/this paltry amount of info?

Love,

~M~

Expert:  Dr. Abby replied 2 years ago.
Inclines can be hard on the hip so I am not surprised you felt worse. I do not expect you to be any worse for the wear in the long run. I would just give it a few days to calm down and I think you will feel much better ( fingers crossed)

Dr Abby
Dr. Abby, Board Certified MD
Experience: Family Physician, practicing medicine for over 10 years, United States